the Rift

[OPEN] Radiance and Recoil [Questing!]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia's expression hardly changed as Ros's words (and subsequent spit) struck her in the face. Shouting was such an odd expression of anger. Did it make the one who was angry feel better to shout? And if so, why? Why would forcing air out of your lungs at a faster speed have any effect on your emotional state? Perhaps it was some weird psychological connection, but even were that the case, the girl had no idea what the natural basis could be. If anything, shouting when one was mad would draw more attention. From an evolutionary standpoint, if you ended up being wrong, then there would be an entire crowd of dissenters that you had roused there to pick you off.

So Isopia shrugged off her cousin's shouting as merely another manifestation of her irrationality.

Same with the snorting and stamping. It all came across so ... base. So primitive and without thought. Ros had mentioned that she had destroyed the crystals without thinking, and now perhaps Isopia had a glimpse into precisely how that happened. her anger - and apparently all emotions - had the net effect of being destructive. Ros just seemed to manifest her anger in irrational physical ways, if the past 5 minutes were a reliable indicator of her past behavior. Yelling, snorting, stamping, stomping, and all other synonyms that try to make throwing a hissy fit sound less than childish.

FINE! Fine, fine, I didn’t even mean to do it in the first place, it just happened, it just—. There. There. Is that what you wanted? Are you happy now? I’ll fix the shit with you if you just leave me alone after.

Isopia blinked. One of those slow, I am trying to understand what you are saying but am failing blinks. "No I'm not happy-" She began, but was cut off by more of Ros's admonishments. Why would her cousin think this would make her happy? It was simply something that needed to be done, but it wasn't for Isopia that it needed to be done. It just did. If anything Ros should be the one to feel happy about it - for it would remove the weight of her past mistakes from her shoulders. She was the one who destroyed the crystal after all. If anyone should be relieved that it was being set right, it was her.

Much backwards. So irrationality. Very confuse.

But there was more Ros was saying, and the girl found that even more confusing.

"How can I know if I will leave you alone? You surely can't expect me to just leave when you appear in my general vicinity, or I in yours? No one asked you here - you arrived by your own means. And afterwards who knows what will happen?" The girl shrugged her blood-splattered shoulders once more, further understanding just how irrelevant she thought Ros's lunacy had gotten to.

Stepping aside, out of the path of potentially more yelling and spit, Isopia began to work on moving the crystal back to the wall of the cave. She moved the largest pieces gently with her hooves, trying to ensure that she wouldn't break off anymore in the process.

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Isopia - 04-29-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Abraham - 05-16-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Isopia - 05-16-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Roskuld - 05-16-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Abraham - 05-17-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Isopia - 05-17-2015, 10:39 AM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Roskuld - 05-17-2015, 02:09 PM