the Rift

[OPEN] Radiance and Recoil [Questing!]

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

You were just loving this and it was so disgusting I just wanted to vomit (except horses don’t do that). If skunks could cheese you were cheesin’ it hard, your little nose twitching and your eyes gaining an extra-hard sparkle as she lowered her muzzle to you, touching you in some way you liked, I dunno, I wasn’t watching that hard. Fucking attention-whore. And you cheesed at me through our mental link, agreeing with me and my shitty attitude about this leggy chick giving your skyward cuddle action. Bet you thought I was jealous or some shit.

Totally wasn’t.

Jeez.

Shit picked up weirdly though, when I asked her name and her eyes cut towards me, her whole body tensing as her head whipped up to look me in the eye. I lifted a brow but I waited in silence, my whole face still hard and her whole body settled in a frozen stance, watching me.

And…watching me.

And watching me.

In silence.

Something was dawning on me and it was a mix of so many things—exasperation, ongoing irritation with this bitch’ antics, a weird, tangled sense of growing amusement-- and it crashed against my head all at once in a tidal wave, the tension finally snapping in my chest. “You’re fuckin’ me,” I said, incredulous—an irritated bite still laced on my tongue, but there was humor there, an infuriated humor that was growing in heat, “Look at this shit. Look at this shit, Cheek. I don’t believe this shit.”

I shook my head and you waddled your ass to me, fluffy and happy and laughing in your head, laughing at everything, cuz that’s what you do. “This bitch wax eloquent nonstop for three years,” I say, still shaking my head as you zpsnk! into an owl once more, flapping your ass to your usual roost on my poll, “Then I ask her name and suddenly she dun’ forgot how to talk. Like she dun’ swallowed her tongue or some shit. You see this, right? My eyes were screwed up, looking up and around, trying to see if you had seen this shit. “You seein’ what I’m seein’?”

A harsh bark of laughter emerged from my throat. “I don’t even care about your name, man,” I said, and I edged around her, making my way for the cavern entrance. “I don’t give a fuck, I was just tryna know who the hell you were. But whatever. Keep your name. Your ass will pop back up somewhere, someway.”

It was inevitable. She had godsblood and I had godsblood and for some reason that mattered.
That was the point, wasn’t it? That last leg of the journey of accepting this shit—learning her name and cementing her identity in my head as a person, someone with a name I couldn’t deny. But she was backwards-ass and everything I needed her to do, she did the damn opposite. Like, fuck, okay, make everything harder for me, jeez.

But she can keep her name. It’s whatever. I didn’t need it for the last knot of this venture. I got all I needed from her panicked eyes and awkward silence.

Don’t look for me,” was my way of saying goodbye, and you trilled your own farewell as we left the gentle light of the crystal cavern.

[Ros out unless you chase her <3]
"talk"

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Isopia - 04-29-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Abraham - 05-16-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Isopia - 05-16-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Roskuld - 05-16-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Abraham - 05-17-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Isopia - 05-17-2015, 10:39 AM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Roskuld - 05-17-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Abraham - 05-17-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: Radiance and Recoil [Questing!] - by Isopia - 05-20-2015, 10:50 AM