Honorable Service [Tilney x Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I'll follow you out of the dark
I tried it my way but I keep fallin' apart

Night skies and constellations called her home, the wintry wind catching around her thick mane and tail, sending blood spattered tresses flying in the breeze. That was when she noticed this stranger, a curious fellow. The Aurora Basin worked as a unit, a well-oiled machine not dissimilar to the very sentinels guarding the gates. She may not know everyone, but everyone knew someone. Eventually, information would bounce from one to another until it permeated the entire herd, and she was not perturbed by this new recruit’s presence. In fact, she was gladdened that he too saw the wonders in the north and chose to call it his home.

Wandering was what Ophelia did best most days. Anxious, split hooves carried her far and wide across Helovia, leaving no stone unturned or tree untouched. Her mind was a veritable map, a perfect record from season to season of the landscape, and she used it to navigate frequently. With Torleik gone, she would have to use it much more often, she figured, looking over her shoulder to the south to where she assumed he was standing.

With the cadence of a nobleman, Tilney spoke, and she smiled out of one side of her mouth, raising a brow. Cold? No. She enjoyed the cold. If she did not, she would not have chosen this as her home. “I am comfortable,” she replied kindly, though amused. “And, I am pleased to meet you, Tilney.” Ophelia bowed her head to him respectfully and stated her proposition for battle.

Tinek soared overhead, a silver banner shimmering through the sky as he came to land on the back of a sentinel, red eyes watching the pair carefully. He rolled his eyes as Ophelia asked to fight, so eager for war. Patiently, he picked at his talons, content to observe his bonded grow in strength and power.

The Lady smiled up at him, shaking her head before listening to Tilney’s acceptance. Her smile brightened. Perhaps that was sick, messed up. Why would a Lady smile at the thought of battle if her heart was pure?

She wouldn’t. Her heart was anything but.

“I am sure you will be fine,” she encouraged. “At some point, instincts help drive your actions, and the rest is all practice.” Ophelia would know very little of instincts, her mind having made room for her memories. She had to carefully hone her skills and lose often in order to make-up for what she lacked. Strange, dual colored eyes utilized these experiences now to make her initial judgments and plan her first attack. A practiced gaze swept over his form, finding his cloak to be an area of weakness, especially if she could step on the cloth.

Otherwise, their physique was remarkably similar. His height and build would give him a slight advantage to strength, but she was undoubtedly faster. Long, pale legs and a sloping frame gave her an edge for sprinting, and the height of her shoulder made agile movements easier. But, were she to get hit by Tilney, the blow would certainly hurt more than any she could deliver, and thus she decided to keep this battle’s pace a constant race.

Ophelia did not hesitate when she loped forward from a halt, minimalistic armor shifting easily over her white hide. She aimed to decrease the distance between them, the sentinels looming overhead as the sky brightened. Two, delicately shaped ears pricked forward, heart beating rapidly in her chest as she lifted her forelegs from the ground, balancing on her hind. Two strikes of her front hooves churned in his direction, aiming to bruise and mar the delicate skin around his handsome face. Swiftly, she returned to the ground, not eager to be knocked over, and she turned on her fore-hand, lashing out with her hind hooves to keep the battle moving.

-----------

(1/3) (639 words in word)
--- Ophelia lopes toward him, rears up and lashes out with her front hooves
-- Turns and kicks out at him

:D I will be sure to do a teaching note once you reply.

Remember when the dice are rolled that you pay attention to the d6 roll. That determines your damage. A 1 would be minimal damage, and a 6 is maximum damage! Everything else is interpreted along that scale.

Please be sure to ask questions if you have any!!!

@[Tilney]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Honorable Service [Tilney x Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 04-30-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: Honorable Service [Tilney x Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 05-12-2015, 12:16 PM