the Rift

What Makes A Hero?

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
  archibald
   the dauntless

The chimp babbled on above Archibald's head. It spoke in response to Archibald's prompting question, but did not provide an answer that the Dauntless found acceptable. Brows knit together on both the black face of the equine and the red and white face of his canine partner. Loretta watched the chimp carefully, hair starting to rise along her spine. This is not right, Archibald. She spoke directly over their bond, voice quivering some with the fear she felt beginning to gnaw on her heart. Her paws shifted and she moved some to the side of her bonded, almost halfway beneath him. His massive front legs covered most of her body. Something about this creature was not right and it made Loretta yearn for the safety only Archibald could give her.

"What do you mean "make them better"? What is the purpose?" Archibald asked. He watched the chimp's every move, while sending calming waves towards Loretta. Do not be afraid. He cooed over their bond, as if the reddened bitch was a pup at his heels once more. The chimp dropped to the ground with a thirsty look in his eye, and Archibald's ears pinned down into his thick mane. "What are you doing!?" He spoke once more, voice louder and firmer as it cracked the air like thunder. The creature moved its odd hands quickly and filled another syringe with a strange liquid. Archibald did not move. He did not falter, nor did he move away. The Dauntless stallion stood his ground, neck arching some and muscles tightening.

Only when the chimp, still hungrily moving forward with glistening eyes, made a move towards Loretta did Archibald move. Rage, white hot and seething, burst over once stoic features. Loretta, full of fear and anger, snarled from beneath her bondmate. Her ears pinned backwards and her eyes widened. Lips curled back to reveal her teeth in a threat, but it meant nothing. Nothing the cur could do compared to the anger Archibald felt and acted on in this moment.

A flash of a memory sparked between their bond. It was of them, so many years ago, in this very meadow. Loretta pinned her sister to the ground, hair on edge. Knox, Archibald's younger brother, came barreling for her. Archibald charged after his brother, the intent to kill him painted clearly across his features.

In this moment, as Archibald lunged forward with bared teeth and flailing front hooves towards the chimp, he resembled that memory ten times over. "Do NOT touch her!" The Dauntless screamed, a front hoof slamming against the ground and releasing a series of intense tremors out towards the approaching creature.

i-mi

@[Random Event]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
What Makes A Hero? - by Random Event - 04-30-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: What Makes A Hero? - by Archibald - 05-01-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: What Makes A Hero? - by Random Event - 05-01-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: What Makes A Hero? - by Archibald - 05-01-2015, 09:51 PM