the Rift

[OPEN] Small Detour

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
Ears twitch at his words- he wouldn’t touch her? She raises her head once more, gaze solidly colliding with his two toned one- seeing if, hoping that, she could believe him. And she did, she could see his disgust with her written plainly on his face, in his eyes, in his voice.

A strange worm of discomfort niggled in her barrel- was she dismayed that a stallion did not want to touch her? She had only known lust and abuse from studs, but they had always wanted her. This sickeningly disturbing feeling was knocked aside at his next words-

He said words she could not believe, ’I am nothing like the this ghost of your past.’ A disbelieving snort escaped her. Apparently the admission of not touching her inspired confidence in addition to the disconcern.

“How are you not?” The question begged no answer for she provided one, herself, “Any man who inflicts- and enjoys- pain on others is the same as him.” Her words chimed loudly and quickly, the bells they came from were red with anger that sizzled beneath the mountain of icy fright inside her.

The trembling finally dissipated from the slight golden doll. She noticed he did not answer her question. And just as she predicted, the moment the talking stopped was the moment she felt the tides shift to more dangerous waters. She flicked an ear sideways, listening for an escape. The other was trained on him, green eyes narrowing slightly from their previously wide and frightened stare.

“Prove it? Why? I’ve stayed alive as long as I have by not rising to the bait and taunts of men like you,” finally, some hints of fervor crept into her voice, “Then I’ll keep running.” She answered his last statement plainly, green eyes now burning into his own.

Then something happened. Her frame grew, her head raised, her muscles rippled as they grew tight from anger instead of fear. Though she was still sadly slight in the face of the unicorn stud.

Finally- finally- the little mare felt anger. It had laid dormant since the blood of her family flowed around her hooves. Years. But it melted the icy fright quickly. “You are so quick to call me a- a rabbit,” she spat the word, “But you- you’re a powerful man so in control of yourself and what happens to you. Take that power, that control away and see what you become. Face a torment, caged, chained, everyday. Face that and take it, unable to run- what would you do to make it stop? Even to just lessen it?” vehement words flowed as she stomped a small, ebony hoof, “To be set free only to be caught by wolves for their amusement. To see the whites of their eyes and know- know that no matter what you’ve done, you'll feel the scourge of their sadism-” she broke off and drew a ragged breath, “Tell me, stripped of your power, facing titans, what would you become?”

Her tiny ribs heaved at her feverish words, verdant eyes glowing in a face that became more and more beautiful as the fear left it.

ooc| So I really liked italics and bolding in the post o.o @[d'Artagnan]
Nature's first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down day. Nothing gold can stay.
-Frost

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

Messages In This Thread
Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-01-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-02-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-05-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-07-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-09-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-12-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-17-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-25-2015, 12:37 AM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-27-2015, 07:37 AM