the Rift

I Will Fail You

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
She clung to the young one. Wrapping her in a warm embrace she had come to find comfort in as well. Aye, Nayati would always be her daughter - the one that was there when she had lost her twins. She had never told Nayati that - of how much the young one reminded her of the two fillies she had lost, that she hadn't been able to protect. And, the word momma simply pained her right in the heart. She clung to this embrace, giving Nayati as much time as was necessary for the young one to offer her some kind of explanation.

Alas, it was the half-sob half-laugh that caused her to press her maw in even closer. A type of massage urging the mare to either cry or speak, whichever was most needed at the time. And, when the three words finally escaped her maw Resplendence had to fight back the tears herself. She could feel her breath caught in her chest while Valiance continued to mingle with Rathunax. "Oh, baby," she whispers, finally pulling back when she had managed to clear her eyes of the pain it brought upon her.

But Nayati was strong, and she had shown it time and time before. She was becoming more than Resplendence had ever managed too, and for that she was grateful. "Be safe." she whispered, tears winning out and pooling at her eyelids. Her tail swished, Valiance clicking at the pair from his location with Rathunax - a support of sorts. "You're strong… stronger than I'll ever be." She tells her, eyes shining with both pride and pain. "I'm proud to call you my daughter… remember that, please…" There is a break, as her voice gives. Aye, Resplendence. Be supportive! Stop sobbing! But, that wasn't in her system. She would be supportive with the tears if they wanted anything else at all. "If you need me… for anything… I will do all I can." She looks up toward the sky, staring at the weak light between the tree-tops, for some sign that everything would be fine if her daughter left. That she wouldn't face the same fate as her twins. That she wouldn't die in pain because she had left. "Come back safe… I won't stop you from leaving if it's what you need…" There is a shatter, and her glitter's glow is weakening as certain memories flash across her vision. The blood, the torn flesh. Her eyes squeeze shut. "Just promise me you'll be safe…"

And she feels herself break more. Her adopted daughter gone, her mate and daughter not at the Falls yet. Aye, and for now it feels as if the world wants to rip her to shreds again. Build her up just enough to keep moving, and then continue the destruction. She was meant to suffer, that was her purpose. But, if it meant that Nayati wouldn't have to endure that suffering… she would take it. If it meant that Rue didn't have to experience that pain, she would harbour it. If it meant that Quilyan wouldn't have to fight as hard for everything, she would shoulder the weight. She would do it all for everyone else to live the lives they wanted. She would move the Earth, bring down the moon and the stars… she would do anything.

Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
I Will Fail You - by Nayati - 05-01-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: I Will Fail You - by Resplendence - 05-01-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: I Will Fail You - by Nayati - 05-01-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: I Will Fail You - by Resplendence - 05-02-2015, 12:19 AM
RE: I Will Fail You - by Nayati - 05-02-2015, 11:06 PM