the Rift

I Will Fail You

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

Nayati fell into her embrace like an angel from grace, careless and without regret. She soaked it up like a sponge, drawing into her very pores, hoping to keep her mother's touch with her. Lingering for as long as Nayati disappeared from the lands that had cradled her limp, near-lifeless body and breathed hope and new chances back into it. Helovia and its rulers had given her trials, and she'd overcome them. They had given her Resplendence. Surely she had done something worthy, then?

Baby. Even when Rue was born, the fact that Resplendence still deigned to call her that was like a mountain shifting in her heart. Massive, inconceivable, meaningful. And her tears came faster even as a smile burned onto her face, painful but pleasant. Her fears put to rest moments before she abandoned her mother, who had been left behind and hurt too many times already. But Resplendence had others, a support group that would hoist her high in the wake of Nayati's absence. And the flower maiden truly believed that, with all her heart. So many people saw the beauty in Resplendence. She'd never be alone, not really. No matter what the dark insidious thoughts in her head whispered to her at night.

And she was given her blessing. Nayati laughed through her tears and shook her head against her mother's breast where it still stubbornly lay. "You made me strong," she assured in a quiet, quivering whisper. "I wouldn't be here at all if it wasn't for you, momma." They had started something special in that rosebush that night, and Nayati wouldn't regret it, wouldn't take it back for the world and all its treasures and powers.

It was her turn to press her sinful, blackened lips to her mother's pure tears. Brushed them away with little kisses that spoke a thousand words she could never convey on her own. "I will come back," she vowed, the strength that Resplendence saw in her rising up beneath her words, steady as bedrock. Immovable, indestructible. Leaving would only give it room to grow, and so Nayati had to leave. "I will come back to you." With a sorrowful cry, Rathunax pulled reluctantly away from Valiance, drifting down to land atop Nayati's hips, big sad brimstone eyes on Resplendence. Nayati similarly slowly began to draw away, her heart breaking to do so.

"W-Will you tell Vadim that I love him?" It was a tremulous thing, her question. "And Rue. I'm sorry I couldn't be the big sister I should have..." Nayati had to be aware that she was destroying their family, in a way. It was her fault, and she had to carry that weight with her through the gateway and away from the only little group that had cared enough to take her in and love her for more than a season or two. "I love you, momma. I'll see you again," was her last promise, tearful but sincere, and the pair turned reluctantly and made their way out of the forest. All that was left in her passing as she faded away was a singular trail of flowers.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
I Will Fail You - by Nayati - 05-01-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: I Will Fail You - by Resplendence - 05-01-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: I Will Fail You - by Nayati - 05-01-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: I Will Fail You - by Resplendence - 05-02-2015, 12:19 AM
RE: I Will Fail You - by Nayati - 05-02-2015, 11:06 PM