the Rift

[OPEN] Hummingbird Heartbeat

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady

GULL
you put your arms around me and I'm home

She’s laughing and crying all at the same time as she closes the gap between you. Pale pink wings shoot forward to pull you towards her and wrap you in her embrace, and suddenly you find yourself trembling. Never in your life has this happened, a reunion like this—all of the ones you’ve ever cared about have been pulled from your life abruptly and prematurely, never to return. But not Muriel. It seems that she is destined to forever be the exception to the rule, a force that defies the nature of your life itself, the great and mysterious blessing in your screwed-up reality.

You let her hold you; you welcome her touch, for your part doing your best to intertwine your neck with hers, to nibble at her withers, to take in her scent and to bask in her presence. “I’m alive,” she replies, and from the way she says it, it is almost like a promise. “You’re here.”

“I looked for you,” you reply, reluctant to take your muzzle away from her. “I searched everywhere after the explosion, I did. But you were gone…” Your voice trails off, and you close your eyes, intending to bury your face in her luxurious mane. Perhaps the hiding is instinctual, for though it is true, you omit the part about Bellona—beginning, middle, and end. “…and then the world ended,” you finish with a half laugh, pushing the past from your mind. “I didn’t see you on the boat.”

Drawing your head back, you reach for her, muzzle aiming to push her forelock from her eyes. “Where have you been, Muriel? How have you been?”

OOC: Sorry it’s so short after your beautiful post! It’s almost 4am and I’m falling asleep as I type ;_;
@[Muriel]

text
"speech"

Image Credits
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Muriel - 05-01-2015, 11:19 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Gull - 05-02-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Gull - 05-02-2015, 02:45 AM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Gull - 05-08-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Gull - 05-23-2015, 02:32 AM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Gull - 06-04-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Muriel - 05-02-2015, 02:02 AM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Muriel - 05-02-2015, 11:43 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Muriel - 05-09-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Brigand - 05-14-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Muriel - 06-02-2015, 12:24 AM