the Rift

[OPEN] Converge [Edge Leads]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Thor & Sabine
I’d been damned.

Not only had I been denied leadership of the Edge, I would also have to listen to Mr. Hot Pants and the Abominable Snowman. Leave it to them to make it seem like the whole competition wasn’t actually rigged… and they’re shocked. Look at them, swelling and growing with accomplishment and pride. How I longed to be in their position, no matter the weight to be lifted upon my shoulders. In truth, the decision stung just as much as leaving had. It was like a festering wound that would not close… Yet, defeat was now something I’d grown accustomed to. Let them rise with their glory… it was not something everlasting anyway. “Congratulations to you both,” I murmured reluctantly. If there were anything more humiliating than bowing to a pair of Kings so unknown to me, then I prayed the Gods would send me a sign of my mania. However, the skies were silent during this day of coronation; the immortals were are peace. Yet, I was still baffled by the turn of events and still very much surprised that the Edge had come to this. Kaj and Kahlua had been former citizens of the World’s Edge and these two were virtually strangers. What could they possible know of my home?

However, they’d drawn a congregation of onlookers, both competitor and curious stranger alike. Though I found myself withdrawn from any celebration, because there was nothing yet to rejoice… This was just the beginning or another test and another set of hardships for these brutes. Whatever was left of the World’s Edge had to be salvaged and their word alone meant nothing if their actions were incomplete. In the coming days there would be an onslaught of challenges… What remained of the previous residents would find their way to Mauja and Torliek (such odd names for such odd creatures) and how they planned to string us together meant everything. These people were tied to Mirage, to Kahlua, and to Kaj… It didn’t matter that they’d planned and accomplished an invasion; they were still the faces we looked to when things went wrong. Though one wouldn’t find me asking Kahlua for her help after so much strife. I supposed it was time to agree to disagree.

Maybe Mauja and Torliek were what the World’s Edge needed, as much as it pained me to say it. I couldn’t pretend that the loss didn’t hurt, because it was something seen plainly in the way I regarded the two, but the Edge was more to me than jealous rivalry. It was my home, no matter its leaders… I couldn’t return to the Falls and I couldn’t again face a future without the sea and the mists and the memories. Before the Kings were due to depart, each looking to discuss their plans moving forward, I approached them head-on, my eyes as cold and unyielding as those passed from this world. I hated them both for they now held, but at least I was not a man against them. “I would like to remain in the Edge… as a friend to you both,” I began. Of course, I’ll be the first to ridicule you if you fuck up.I hope that you’ll bring some life back into these lands… and some faith, because the Gods know you’ll need it.
No grave can hold my body down, I'll crawl home to her
Image Credits!

@[Torliek] @[Mauja] -- nothing special & no reply needed. Just wanted to ICly state Thor's decision. <3

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Converge [Edge Leads] - by Ophelia - 05-03-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Kahlua - 05-03-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Mauja - 05-03-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Torleik - 05-03-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Ampere - 05-03-2015, 07:09 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Mauja - 05-04-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Cathun - 05-04-2015, 06:17 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Lena - 05-05-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Elsa - 05-05-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Nyx - 05-05-2015, 05:10 PM