the Rift

[PRIVATE] it starts with me

Aveira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
<style>.connormain { width: 350px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 35px; color: #F6F6F6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 80%; padding: 5px; 0px 0px 0px; } .connorsubh { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 8px; color: #D0D0D0; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 0px; } .connorposta { width: 320px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9px; color: #020202; text-align: justify; line-height: 110%; padding: 20px; background-color: #f6f6f6; } .connortagz { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 7px; color: #f6f6f6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 8px; line-height: 110%; border-top: 1px solid #fff; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff; } .connorbold b { color: #8E0000; } </style>

AVEIRA
YOU'RE GONNA MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE
One long, light grey wing with black tips was extended out at Aveira’s side. The mare’s slender neck was arched as she gently licked at her feathers, cleaning them. Every few moments, though sometimes rarely, she had to nip out a broken feather or one that had become too damaged. It didn’t hurt and merely kept her wings in good shape for flying. For the time being, Aveira had decided not to fly for a while. She was unsure of how far she had flown away from her birthplace, but it had felt like thousands of miles. She very badly needed a break from it for a while.

Eyes half-closed, Aveira then switched to her left wing and folded her right against her body. The Arabian-shaped Pegasus stood within a field of purple weeds, thistles, and grass that seemed strangled. There were only a few straggling blades of green poking between the choking weeds. It was late morning, nearing afternoon. The sky was mainly clear with only a few clouds and there was just barely a breeze in the area. So far she had no complaints. Warm rays of sunlight felt amazing to her skin and she wanted to soak it all up while she could. Autumn was clearly close and she doubted the nice weather was going to last much longer.

At last finishing with her preening, Aveira inhaled a deep lungful of the fresh air. It was actually pretty relaxing being here. None of it was familiar to her, but she liked it. Dipping her cup sized mug to the ground, the dame took a mouthful of weeds and grass and went on to chew and swallow. She seemed to have walked about six steps forward ─ while still continuing to stuff her face ─ before she even finally noticed that a noise of hoof-beats could be heard. Immediately jerking her head sky-high, Aveira pricked her ears forward to try and pinpoint where they were coming from. The equine, or whatever it was, was obviously closing in on her location. How did it know she was here?

Freezing still, she could only wait for the newcomer to show its face.

DONE | 362 WORDS | FOR CAMON

Messages In This Thread
it starts with me - by Aveira - 05-03-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: it starts with me - by Camon - 05-05-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: it starts with me - by Aveira - 05-07-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: it starts with me - by Camon - 05-07-2015, 09:24 PM