the Rift

[PRIVATE] it starts with me

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

Of course that smoky woman didn't suddenly combust as my imagination had briefly anticipated (because that would have been ridiculous) -- there is a dangerous moment that I'm both sickeningly disappointed and relieved. Remorseful because the easy route out from under her stare and the coming conversation had been reduced to me wishing she would suddenly be removed from the equation. (By whatever 'combustion, ect' means necessary.) There was gratitude for her remaining all together for the obvious reasons. The top three include an avoidance of future nightmares, therapy and a strong phobia of fleshy things.

Our gems seem to lock for a brief moment as we regard one another passively. Then those icy mirrors race off to drink in the gifts my momma had blessed me with. Her stare falls with endearing silence on the horns that grace my head like a cage -- her attention leers at the jewelry dangling from either bone. Uncomfortable warmth begins to pool at the base of each antler,(as it always does when an oblivious glare lingers to long.) My mellow expression squirms to a frown; consciously, I lift my head. Hopefully directing her attention away from my treasures.

The ploy, or perhaps my uncomfortable expression is a success! Those studying orbs finally flee their mark, they move to trace up limb and feather. My stare stays politely aligned with her face, forcefully resisting the urge to counter with a little eye rape of my own. Apparently she was thoroughly scanning (enjoying) my heart throbbing physique. That blackened jaw works to form a grin far more welcoming than my stoic expression.

Was I from around here?

"Nope," came an abrupt reply that was far less forthcoming than my appearance might suggest. I knew that awkward silence would quickly follow...or I could find something else to say -- OR these feathers could spread to the wind, limbs charge down the remainder of that mound. Give those curious eyes a real treat, as two impressively shaped hindquarters glisten under the sun. Rippling with youth and graceful power; mouth watering, soul nibbling fruit that was tantalizing, forbidden.

Leaving.

Rude idea. I force both knees to unhitch themselves. They stutter to life and walk me the distance separating us. This brain may be on the thaw, but it still hopelessly lacked anything intelligent, "Are you from around here?" The real question was, did I care what her answer would be? A late inquiry, considering we are standing face to face.

COME SO FAR

Table by Wanda

@[Aveira]

Messages In This Thread
it starts with me - by Aveira - 05-03-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: it starts with me - by Camon - 05-05-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: it starts with me - by Aveira - 05-07-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: it starts with me - by Camon - 05-07-2015, 09:24 PM