the Rift

[PRIVATE] Rebirth

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Let us begin

The Bloodskald glanced back when he heard Mauja murmur his new title under his breath. In truth, it wasn't very suiting for such a large stallion, but in the ways that he seemed to carry himself so delicately sometimes...Torleik found it fitting in some aspects. Regardless of the humor, they were both kings now and should act as such. Thus it was that the dark stallion had no inkling of the white's wondering as to whether or not this would become regicide.

Torleik had no desire to kill him - not now, at least. Perhaps in the past, when the emotions were fresh and the wounds raw, but not now. Besides, that would be foolish. He could not run a herd by himself. So he paused, got comfortable, and posed a question to his counterpart.

The answer did not surprise him.

When the query was returned to him, he mulled over his options for a time before answering. "I wish to rebuild the wall," he stated firmly. "I believe that while the herd is new, having a task to unify us will be helpful. Something to focus on. A place to divert potentially restless energy. Others may see this as a sign of building up strength, and I believe that is important - but," Torleik emphasized, shifting off of the tree and standing now, the ground re-freezing beneath his newly moved hooves. "I also want the other herds to know that we bear them no ill will as a newly forged kingdom, if you will. I want them to know that the wall not only serves to keep those that would harm out, but those that would be harmed safe within, and that if they are our allies, we offer them our protection. Such thoughts are more long-term, but my reasoning is as such."

Taking to pacing leisurely, the Bloodskald glanced up at the trees. "For right now I agree that the herd is the top priority. We need to assess who we have left and give them positions of some kind. Give them purpose. When they have purpose, we can focus on swelling our numbers. As for rules...I suppose that depends on what kind of rules you mean. Are we talking 'you cannot murder your fellow citizen in cold blood'? I would tell others to use common sense but I've typically found them suffering a severe dearth of it, to be honest," he replied. "I say we start with rules about our ranks. We will have positions for general, head thief, head doctor, head crafter, and others. I would propose that our herd has two heads of each position, if we can manage it. That way if one is killed, missing, or sent away, the herd at home will not suffer for it. Do you think that is feasible?"

He awaited Mauja's response with patience and focused attention.

@[Mauja]

"talk talk talk"

Art by valerie911 @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-04-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Mauja - 05-04-2015, 01:18 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-05-2015, 09:01 AM
RE: Rebirth - by Mauja - 05-05-2015, 12:36 PM