the Rift

[PRIVATE] Rebirth

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

A history lesson

The Black King listened to his White Queen (that Mauja had accepted the queen role so readily would not cease to amuse him) attentively. If they were to rule together they needed to know each other. Honestly know each other. Torleik had very little to hide, so this wouldn't - shouldn't - be a problem. Mauja wove a tale of racism that the Bloodskald had become accustomed to hearing in the Basin, and as he laid out the history of the World's Edge it suddenly became clear how it tied to the beautiful and snowy aurora-blessed land.

The Aurora Basin used to be the World's Edge. Glacial eyes narrowed as he told of Mirage, of her incomprehensible politics and machinations, of how this Kri, who had claimed neutrality, suddenly turned and sided with the enemy. The Quian. Hadn't he heard of that before? Someone had mentioned it along the line. And this Mirage...hadn't one of the candidates for lead claimed bloodline with her? Or was his memory of the whirlwind events already failing him. Amaris, perhaps? He would ask Ophelia later; Phi would remember with flawless clarity.

But Mirage. She had rejected the offer of cohabitation, then invaded on the pretense of forced sharing or being conquered, then put up a damn wall? How in any way was that in line with the beliefs she had preached? The hypocrisy was bitter. "This Mirage. I don't much care for her blatant hypocrisy," was his grunted reply. "I see your point against the wall, and I respect it. No wall."

But that was not all he felt compelled to respond to. "There will always be an us and a them - that is the nature of the world. It cannot be eradicated, the idea of separating for whatever reason; the power that comes from placing one group above another is too tempting to resist," he stated quietly. "Even benevolent power makes a distinction." His words were not judgemental, merely observational on the state of the world and how it worked. Polkadot claimed he wasn't a diplomat and Torleik's expression was bemused. "So naturally you become one. I am no diplomat either, but I try my best. I would rather trade words than blows, but I am used to trading blows," the Bloodskald sighed. "Between the two of us I am sure we will figure out some system that works."

The white one spoke of guerrilla warfare, patrols and spikes and Torleik eased. This, he knew. "Agreed. I will have Irelyn help me learn the fog patterns so that we might use them to our advantage. The spikes...perhaps we place them closer in than the borders themselves? If you are not opposed, maybe it would be a good sign to leave the glass wall crumbled where it lay, marking the true borders and letting any who see know that we have torn down the old ways of the old oppressors and do not stand for their same values? A thought to consider," he offered. "If the spikes were placed further in they'd be a surprise, I think. As for patrols, most certainly. Both air and land are necessary. Is there a certain point along our borders that we would wish to designate as the desired entrance? We could place banners there. Not threatening, but still a declaration of our land." A shrug accompanied this suggestion.

Three generals? Torleik considered this. "Three forungar? I like the idea but we will have to see how it works in execution. I say we try it." Realizing he had referred to them as his people would have brought another issue to his attention. "Forungar - generals. I am used to...other terms for these ranks and sometimes I find the titles here very foreign and bland. What say you to perhaps making our ranks within the herd more...unique? I wish others to know when someone is of the World's Edge. Making it clear who herd members represent usually works to keep those herd members in line when they know they reflect back on a larger whole that will not look kindly upon their misbehavior. At least it did in my home," offered the rabicano. "Acolytes...may help retain the Moon Goddess' favor - but the gods are fickle, and only time will tell."

Black ears snaked back against his head once more at the mention of Cathun. "I told the little shit that his actions have consequences and he'd best not think his petulant display meant nothing. But he is a fool and I doubt he will listen at all," the Bloodskald grunted with a violent swish of his tail. "I plan to go to the other herds as an act of diplomacy, reaching out and making contact. I will take care with the Dragon's Throat. Their members tend to be...aggressive, at best. I need visit the Basin anyhow, to do right by my first home here and tell them I will not be their general any longer." And see Phi one more time, for now...

Torleik glanced up at the sky, then settled his gaze back on Mauja. "Now. Herd rules..."

"talk talk talk"

[[OOC: Ssooo, I think that's good for IC chatting? I'm good with fading off here and just implementing the rest of the stuff we've discussed and just saying they finished talking about it all IC without detailing it all out.]]

@[Mauja]
Art by valerie911 @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-04-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Mauja - 05-04-2015, 01:18 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-05-2015, 09:01 AM
RE: Rebirth - by Mauja - 05-05-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-05-2015, 05:11 PM