the Rift

Do you believe in love like I believe in pain? [Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

If only there was a way to reassure the two of them ahead of time that Tinek would not interfere. The dragon circled overhead, his moon dim as Ophelia ascended the narrow, rocky path to the apex of the fields above the cloud line. He was highly displeased considering that the last time Ophelia had fought here, she had been bitten by a snake and nearly dumped over the edge, and he made his feelings known by repeatedly jabbing her mind. Phi snorted, looking up at the sky. “Cut it out, Tinek,” she growled in her head, narrowing her gaze as his silver body twisted in the air.

“Archibald knows I am coming, and he would do no such thing,” she insisted, pleased to hear an accepting click in his dragon-speech. With a firm nod of her head she delicately jumped the last ridge of the path, her cloven hooves coming to settle onto the soft, lush ground. Besides, she thought to herself, she needed to face her fears in this location and gain better skills at fighting in a limited battle field.

Though generally punctual, she had been held up in the World’s Edge, the drama occurring there both irritating and confusing at once. Torleik had assumed a throne and dropped the ‘L’ word in a matter of minutes, and suddenly, her future was rocky and unknown once more. She sighed. Just when patterns were starting to fall into place in the Aurora Basin, one black stallion had to go muddling again, though to be entirely honest, she was pleased that he did. The memory of his rich, deep voice in her head telling her words she only hoped to hear made her giddy, a smile curling her lips despite herself.

Dual colored eyes scanned the horizon, easily settling on Archibald in the distance. He was a behemoth, not hard to miss among the green and clouds of the landscape he had chosen. Both needed practice, and she could use to learn from his experience. Ophelia was pleased that he had accepted her as sparring partner considering her lower status, and she hoped that she at least would provide an interesting fight and not a dull one.

Smiling, she approached with a lighter step. “Greetings Archibald,” she said in a friendly way. “I hope I have not kept you waiting long. The World’s Edge leadership council took longer than expected and the outcome was just as mysterious. Mauja was chosen by Kahlua, and Torleik won my defense challenge. Elsa, I hope, will serve as a general, but Cathun, son of Lace, and a few from the Dragon’s Throat seemed rather… she trailed, snorting. “Let’s just say Cathun was an arrogant and sore loser. Pity too. The boy was promising until he opened his mouth.” Ophelia hoped that he would appreciate the update given that he now ruled the Hidden falls.

The pale princess smirked then, shifting beneath her silver armor. “Ready or not…” she trailed, a rare but good-humored challenge moving past regal lips. Ophelia had lead Archibald and now saw him lead herds of his own, and thus, she was used to the way he moved. She assumed that her initial analysis would not have to be as thorough. He was much taller and stronger than she, but without a doubt, she was faster simply given the length of her legs and the slenderness of her bones. Ophelia would have to use this to her advantage if she hoped to emerge from this spar still able to walk.

With a little star bouncing on her brow, she trotted forward cautiously, cloven hooves rooting deeply into the ground with each step. Old fears made her heart beat fast, flashes of nearly falling to her death over the edge making her anxious. A deep breath settled her nerves to a low simmer, tentative steps growing slightly more confident. The light of the setting sun hovered to her left, and she dashed forward, lowering her neck and twisting her head. Ophelia aimed to scrape her teeth along his front, foreleg, and then, she lifted her neck slightly, diving in once more to try to bite just in his girth area. Cloven hooves gripped the dirt beneath her hooves, stopping her forward motion abruptly, and she took a few rapid, large steps backward to try to give herself distance from his towering form.

--------------------------------------------

(1/3) (731 words in word)
- Ophelia has the sun on her left
- She jumps forward and tries to bite his upper, left foreleg and then bite his girth area
- Then she backs up quickly

YYYEEAAAAAHHHH
totally cool that this was planned too - that works out

Art by: veradaine @ DA

@[Archibald]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you believe in love like I believe in pain? [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 05-06-2015, 10:16 PM