the Rift

Do you believe in love like I believe in pain? [Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had not truly considered that Mauja would enjoy being the leader of the World’s Edge once more. She had remembered, of course, that he had lead before – long ago. She remembered that her father had invaded his land. But, his feelings on the matter? Those were completely lost into oblivion, and she frowned slightly. Had she truly become so desensitized that she did not consider the emotions of others? Had this world eradicated her sense of empathy, which brought her so much pain and lasting, deep affection? This single thought worked its way into her heart, casting shadows of doubt on her future and who she was, but she hid it well. With a smirk and a challenge, she initiated their battle, assessing his strengths and weakness, and then she attacked.

As always the dynamic nature of battles were wildly unpredictable, though she knew her father would argue otherwise. Though subversive and manipulative, Ophelia was not a warlord, not in the same ways of which her bloodline boasted. Being able to see every outcome of an attack was a gift she lacked, and thus as her white ivories gnashed against the skin of his lifted knee, she could not block every one of his counter moves – not when they were in such close proximity.

Turning her face was easy, avoiding any blow to her jaw and to her chin from his leg, and she dug the points of her cloven toes into the dirt to stop her forward motion. However, he was moving forward too, and a sharp bite, one she could not react to fast enough, landed on the left side of the arc of her neck. His teeth, thankfully, did not break skin, but the bite left a sting of a thousand splinters radiating into her shoulder. Not as trained in schooling her features – not in battle – she winced, jerking her long, slender legs backwards and away from her opponent.

The rising sun was on her left, boring into her light, blue eye, and she squinted, letting the cool breeze billow through her blood-tipped mane. Ophelia watched the muscles in Archibald’s body gather, his strength formidable, but his speed perhaps not as impressive. She knew that she should not let him get close, and as long as she minded the sheer cliffs, that was how she could avoid damage. The pale princess danced, flirting with the edge enough to make Tinek growl in her head. “Ophelia...” he warned, his silver body snaking through the air toward her side, prepared to barrel into her and shove her back on land if need be.

“Fine,” she muttered back, side-stepping Archibald’s jumping advance. The shiny, chrome hooves of his muscular legs narrowly missed her body, the wind they produced rushing around her deft limbs. Strange, dual colored eyes watched as the stallion moved, keen mind observing the precursors to his action – such as the bunching in his hips. Ophelia stayed quick on her hooves, dancing eagerly and lifting her tail to balance her angled hind-quarters. Never in one place for very long, she planned her next attack, having made a circle around the Heavenly Fields.

Sun at her back, she reached out with her magic, aiming to take hold of his mind. Though this was a spar, he was a warrior; he deserved to challenge himself against her best, and she deserved to learn from his strongest efforts. Only then would they grow. She knew he would understand, and thus she had no reservations about working her way into his inner most thoughts and erasing all memory of her position in this battle – that was her plan, anyway.

With magic still exuding from her soul, she approached carefully, trotting with hesitant steps as she tried to close the distance. Once she believed she was near enough, Ophelia lashed out with her front hooves, taking aim to batter his front, left shoulder, but she did not stay in the air for very long. With a turn on her haunches, she spun around, kicking out with her hind hooves on the off chance that he was still close behind.

[[[(671 words in word) (2/3)
Sorry for the wait ;-;]]]]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you believe in love like I believe in pain? [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 06-01-2015, 11:06 AM