the Rift

[PRIVATE] Hopscotch On The Rocks

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Part of me was glad to see her kneel down and plunge her whole head into the waters once we got there—but I kept a close eye on her, making sure the bitch wasn’t trying to drown herself on my watch. I wasn’t down with that kind of shit. I was on a mission to try and save some lives, and didn’t I already tell her that I wasn’t here to have her killed?

You watched the other companion from where you were perched on my head, your eyes drinking in the behavior of the pale bird as it flopped about in the water, seemingly upset about something. I could feel you in my head wanting to reach out—to touch—to call out—to do something to catch its attention, but you were stuck as this little lizard thing on my ear and that was just gonna have to do for now. The bird calmed down, at anyrate; it laid at its mistress’s hooves, curled up for rest, and I was wondering if its mistress was needing some of the same before she would be able to speak with me.

I was wrong, though; I looked up and she was looking at me and it would’ve been scary as all hell but I could see a light in her eyes that hadn’t been there before.

*"Who... Why are you here?"*

Okay, this was good, wasn’t it? Maybe she had forgotten the last few minute of convo—big whoop, no big deal, at least something had been screwed back on a little tighter, or maybe it was the brain-freeze sparking some wires back in motion in her head. I dunno—I just knew we were making progress. “I’m, uh…” I stammered, “I’m…my name’s Ros and I…” I’m not sure why my tongue started twisting in on itself all of a sudden; now that her eyes were gazing on me with a lot more conscious intensity, it felt like my words needed to shape up a whole lot more.

“I…I’m here because of some girls I found in a meadow," I explained quietly—the memory coming back to me, “One was pale, like you, and she had wings, and I think her name was Ara--, no , it was an A name, I know that. And the other was more tannish, I guess, and she’s big, like in personality, but she doesn’t have wings and her name was—“ --Shawty----Shida I think.”

I paused; I wondered if I should be the one to remind her of this trauma. I mean—she had gone crazy for a second, hadn’t she? What if that had been a defense mechanism guarding her against total self-destruction. I gulped; she had asked me, so I was telling her. “I…I’m looking for their mother,” I continued on, still in that hushed voice, “They told me about an invasion and that they lost track of their mom and they were worried and I—well, I told them I was gonna help them find her. Do you…you wouldn’t remember some kids like that from the Falls, would you? Would you know their Ma?”

@[Elsa]--Sorry for the wait!

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Hopscotch On The Rocks - by Roskuld - 05-04-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: Hopscotch On The Rocks - by Elsa - 05-05-2015, 01:00 PM
RE: Hopscotch On The Rocks - by Roskuld - 05-05-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: Hopscotch On The Rocks - by Elsa - 05-05-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: Hopscotch On The Rocks - by Roskuld - 05-06-2015, 08:18 AM
RE: Hopscotch On The Rocks - by Elsa - 05-15-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Hopscotch On The Rocks - by Roskuld - 05-22-2015, 01:04 AM
RE: Hopscotch On The Rocks - by Elsa - 06-03-2015, 09:18 AM
RE: Hopscotch On The Rocks - by Roskuld - 06-04-2015, 01:56 AM