the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE]

Lucius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
As Lucius ran towards his target alongside his brother he thought for a second that they would reach the dunskin without interference. But he knew that to be a faint hope. Before his heavy form had closed the distance all hell broke loose…

It started with a skyrat. The painted form of a stallion with white wings dove in and kicked up a cloud of dirt before he went after Lloyd. Then the dust exploded and the young dunskin’s voice rang out as another dark shadow went after the bull’s little brother. Lucius drowned RICHOCHET’s voice in his own bellowing roar. "BROTHER! FIGHT!" he encouraged Lloyd as he for a second imagined the pain of later finding his twin dead on the battlefield. That could not happen, he would not allow it!

The pain and surprise of the exploding dust forced Lucius to close his eyes and so he missed to see the aid that Deimos the Demon gave Lloyd, he just kept going forwards blindly. Spots with a burning, pinching feeling were littered all over his face and forehand. He smelled smoke and burnt flesh, but he ignored it. Lucius then felt his head jerk to the leftt as his horn raked down the side of the Incendiary - at least something good had come from this otherwise failed attack!

He began to slow his pace as soon as he passed the younger equine so the kick directed towards him landed harder than if he’d kept running at the same speed. But the pain of hard hoof against his muscular thigh was still nothing compared with the feel of his flesh sizzling from the explosion. The bull opened his burning eyes and lowered his hindquarters into a stop. That saved him from getting his hind legs scraped by the perusing youngster, but he still got bit, dull teeth ripping off a couple of strands from his mane. Lucius swirled his big body to the left - he stepped around as fast as he could manage.

He wanted to fight RICOCHET face to face, but the dunskin had already veered off to the side and Lucius was forced to lurched forwards before he executed the attack he wanted. With some effort he angled his weight back and reared up. He kicked towards the younger stallion, best case scenario; he would crack the dunskin’s jaw with his knees or hooves. Then as soon as he’d reach his highest point he arched his neck, pressing his muzzle to his chest and fell forwards and downwards - immense weight and pointy horned aiming to crush the little vermin before him.

It was possible the dunskin had already moved, since he was much quicker than the Bull. But at least his attack had been flowing, leaving little time to react.

Lucius didn’t know how Lloyd was faring behind him, but he knew he had to trust his twin’s skills. Even if Lucius had been better at fighting when they were younger, Lloyd had grown up more intelligent and would probably find ways out of situations where Lucius himself would panic.

The sun’s bottom was touching the horizon now and light was fading away. If darkness came the Edger’s would have an slight advantage, due to their knowledge of the lands. But no one liked to fight in darkness so even Lucius who’s pelt would be camouflaged in the night hoped to get this over with before the sun fell to sleep.

578 words

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lucius - 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Giselle - 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lloyd - 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Ned - 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Aurelius - 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Arabella - 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Korra - 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Monster - 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Jaydan - 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Cineviam - 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM