the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE]

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ultimate horror often paralyses
memory in a merciful way
- H.P. Lovecraft

I rolled my eyes as the bulky idiot I was forced to call brother retorted with words that meant very little to me. Did he really think that dragging up the past would change anything? It only angered me further, made me more determined to give him pain. He would be sorry when this was over - that he chose to go against me, for being weak... and sorry for underestimating me.

As expected, the flamboyant attack launched at Paladin was avoided by an elegant step aside. Prepared for it, I easily broke the charge and regained balance by shifting weight to the hindlegs. Laughing viciously upon noticing that my sisters attack managed to reach him, for a moment I allowed myself to feel smug. Sometimes the simple strategies were most effective, something my idiot brother should be able to feel perfectly well now, with blood trickling down over that black coat.

I almost couldn't believe my eyes when he spun around to deal with Psyche, leaving his entire back open for me to attack. Not hesitating to take advantage of such folly, I angled my horn once again to drive it deep into the flank of the stallion. My intent was thwarted however as a golden figure suddenly darted before me, baring teeth and flailing a barbed tail in such a manner that my view was blocked. With ears slicked against the neck I snapped after the dragon, not fearing it any more than I feared the clouds. It wasn't even attacking, just blocking my path in an infuriating way that ate up my opportunity to strike.

Hard pressed to call it luck, it seemed that Paladin had been distracted by something as well, because he didn't try anything while I was busy with the dragon. By the time my vision ceased to be obscured by the oversized lizard, the traitor had finished his business in other places and returned the attention to me. I curved my lips in a smirk as he lowered the head to charge at me, the spear aimed to pierce my side.

"Don't mistake cowardice and tactics, stupid" I snapped back and straightened my body up, turning so that I would face him head on. I lowered the white spear as if intending to settle it all in one blow. But when Paladin came close enough I twisted the head in a snaking motion while taking a step forward, bracing my neck and back for impact as I twisted my horn around and in beneath his own, intending to lock it with my own. The tip of mine would press against the hollow socket on the side of his head, just above the eye - and his would press against mine on the other side, allowing neither to move away.

Warned by the gleam in my idiot brothers eyes, I reached for the power that lay hidden within my mind. The markings on my body changed color, pulsating in chilly blue hues as I wrapped myself within the chill of frost, directing it not at Paladin but at myself. I went into my own body, felt the heat of the blood that pulsated through - and froze it, forcing it to become just as cold as it had been hot. It was painful, unpleasant. I could feel my limbs stiffening and the temporary immobility as every vein in my body became clogged with solid ice.

And just in time, too. I couldn't help but gasp for breath as magic scorched my insides, instantly re-heating my frozen blood. It seared through each vein, made my heart falter and caused every cell to scream in agony. It could have been worse though. Paladins magic still heated the blood uncomfortably, but I had managed to lower the temperature enough. I felt feverish, aching and pained as each and every muscle protested against the slightest of moments.

Pain was something I was used to. I had lived with it from the moment I was born, and to remain sane I had learned to embrace it. As my body screamed in agony my mind shivered from excitement and an urge to repay the hated stallion for what he had done to me. Tenfold he would pay, and that would still not be enough.

The muscles at my neck swelled as I forced myself to move, hooves digging into the ground and pushing myself - and hopefully Paladin as well - up into the air. I flailed my hooves at him, eager to pound the tender pink of the newly healed skin on his shoulder. Could I break through it, perhaps? I wanted to, longed to rip the skin with my teeth and feel the metallic taste of blood on my tongue.

[Word count: 792 Magic use: 1/2

Was distracted by Akaith and snapped at her. Turned to meet Paladin head on, attempting to lock their horns. Froze her own blood to counter his blood boil, still feeling the effects. Tried to force both of them into a rear and kicked at Paladins shoulder.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lucius - 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Giselle - 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lloyd - 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Ned - 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Aurelius - 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Arabella - 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Korra - 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Monster - 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Jaydan - 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Cineviam - 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM