the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

Paladin felt the familiar tug on the bone of his brow as his horn scraped along DELINNE’S side, and he watched the battle with an unfamiliar feeling in his gut. He had met this mare just before this invasion, and she had been kind. What was the purpose? What equality was he fighting for? This new thought shattered his previous perceptions of war. When he fought with his father, he fought against those who he thought was the enemy, and this was proving to be just the same. The black dun stallion felt sick to his stomach, but he listened, regardless. She held so much hate in her voice, and how could he blame her? She was being forced from her own land; fight or live forever as an outcast, stripped of the powers of being in a herd. He would fight viciously too.

The black dun could have attacked her while she watched her fallen king return to his hooves once more, but he did not. She deserved a chance to mourn for her injured. His moment of sympathy was short lived as his SISTER captured his attention. She was nothing but hatred, arrogance and darkness, and he pitied what she had become. Still, GISELLE was not kind like Delinne; she was vicious. The stab wound that now ached on his hip proved that GISELLE was cunning and conniving. And she outmaneuvered his initial attack, craning her smaller figure out of his reach.

Paladin found his white horn tangled with his own, the point of hers resting just above his eye socket. Acting on instinct, Paladin lifted his body off the ground, balancing on his hind legs as he used his superior height to lift his neck out of her way. He backed a few steps on his hindlegs, grateful for the fact that his haunches had healed well from the shades, and then he crashed back down, using his blood boiling magic to distract her from using his defensive move to her advantage. She suffered, but she did not scream; she was far too intelligent for that, and she was blessed with a magic that counteracted his own in such a maddening way.

“Smart,” he complimented as he prepared for her next move, watching the muscles in her neck stand out. GISELLE’S hooves flew up at him, and he resisted the urge to rise to his hooves to meet her. Instead, he ducked beneath her front legs as they were up in the air and aimed to pierce his horn through her tender, exposed belly. Paladin knew that he left his back and neck open for attack, but if he managed to land this blow, none of that would matter. At any rate, her lethal horn would be useless from up in the air, or so he figured.

A flash of black and white made him start, and he turned his face for the briefest of moments as his crimson eyes spied DELINNE running for NED again. Damn her! Paladin spun on his haunches away from GISELLE, and in that same moment, he kicked out, flashing his hind legs toward his sister before taking off at a swift gallop after DELINNE. This kick was poorly aimed and wrought with distraction; its only purpose was to give him enough time to escape their tete-a-tete. “Leave him be, DELINNE! Paladin barked, catching up to the white and black mare and snapping his ivory jaws at her neck as she ran. Whether or not she still managed to leave a blow upon NED remained to be seen.

[OOC: (596 words)
Giselle: escaped his initial attack --> reared up high to avoid his eye being stabbed --> backed away to protect his belly and used blood boil --> Giselle used her magic to counteract his own --> did not rear with her, instead, he ducked under her hooves and tries to impale her stomach --> goes to help ned and kicks out on his way

Delinne: tries to bite her as she runs to Ned ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lucius - 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Giselle - 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lloyd - 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Paladin - 09-25-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Ned - 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Aurelius - 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Arabella - 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Korra - 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Monster - 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Jaydan - 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Cineviam - 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM