the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE]

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
The initial, spear-slicing and body-thumping attacks were triumphantly successful, FAELENE's dark bulk was down, almost completely to the ground. The stallion would have taken further advantage of it if he could have, but she was strong, and rose up again beneath his stance, deflecting much of the course of the sharp, silvery point.

The stallion was not expecting the onslaught of attackers that followed his own actions, as he tried to cut open FAELENE using his height and spear, he felt a stern, club-like battering against his left hock (AURELIUS' attack), grunting against the impact as it threatened to cause the entire joint to fail. He lifted his left leg, finding no relief from the pain, and refusing to numb it himself - he would need his magic, soon. The timing was such that the accuracy of his attack against FAELENE altered to be far less effective, and for this he found himself grinding his teeth into the woody end of the shaft of his spear in simultaneous pain and frustration.

The massive expanse of wings continued to beat, faster now, with more purpose, lifting his charred, sinewy mass from the ground. Was it cowardice to use the tool's one was gifted with from birth in a battle? Azzuen using his wings was only as cowardice as the unicorns employing the horn that sat upon their head, there was no shame for him to see them grow smaller and smaller still beneath him.

It is as he rises that LENA's slicing horn aims for his right haunch, but his haunch is approximately 2 and a half feet higher than her original aim, leaving his flailing limbs dangling at her eye level. And they do thrash about as he rises, forelegs and hindlegs alike, save for the left hind that remains tucked up beneath his barrel, cradled by the strong flexion of his rump muscle to stay in place. If Azzuen had any luck, for it would only be luck in this case, his right hind hoof may connect with LENA's brow. With a rushed glance over his shoulder, he sees the arrival of a dark mare with moonlight draped across her rump (RISHIMA), and smells the feline~avian scent that spoke of griffon, and was grateful to have them on his team.

As more space grows between he and the ground, FAELENE charges herself nearer again, but her path is intercepted by LEANDER, whom Azzuen knew to be one of his own soldiers. The General was simply thankful to his fellow Soldier for taking the hit, and had faith that the caramel licked steed could handle the dark mare. It left him with only AURELIUS and LENA to deal with, however RISHIMA and her companion were aiding him there too. Wings continued beating, and he was hovering above the chaos, out of reach for even the tallest beast to strike him, using his keen gaze to track the movements of the short little goat-thing that had caused his entire left hindleg to be utterly useless.

Magic consumed him, hummed within him, electricity sparked to life and suddenly, his eyes whirled from a dangerous crimson red to a vibrant, terrifying yellow, the hue of lightning. No lightning struck the ground, however, for it was not weather patterns he controlled, but the internal polarity of each biological creature within his vicinity. With a grin curving around the spear that was still in his mouth, he turned in the air to hover over the short ram creature, AURELIUS, and focussed upon affecting the senses of the furry steed. He chuckled, and within a breath of time, he stole the sight of the goat.

With AURELIUS blind to his approach, he immediately dove down, forelegs stretched out, aiming for the small of the goat's back. Whether he lands upon the steed or the ground, as soon as his hooves connect with something he flares his wings out, and climbs to the air again, slower, as he is only able to use his right hind leg to push off now.

[675 words.
Summary:
Azzuen takes AURELIUS' attack as a direct hit to his hock, rendering that hindleg useless. He beats his wings faster and rises slowly, making LENA's attack miss him. He flails his legs as he rises, hoping to hit LENA but knowing that was unlikely due to RISHIMA potentially shifting LENA's position. Watches as LEANDER takes FAELENE on himself, and continues rising so that he is now hovering over the group.
He moves directly over AURELEIUS then, and uses his magic to take AURELIUS' sight away. The effects last half a post. While AURELIUS is blind, he dives from his hovering position straight down onto him, hoping to land on his back and knock him into the ground, before slowly taking off again. ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lucius - 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Giselle - 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lloyd - 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Ázzuen - 09-26-2012, 01:07 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Ned - 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Aurelius - 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Arabella - 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Korra - 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Monster - 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Jaydan - 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Cineviam - 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM