the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE]

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit
Maskan knows not if the dull steed RICCIARDO is still conscious, he does not linger to find out after his attacks are attempted. The stallion named for the flame instead dances like a shadow away from the flaxen brute, eyes set upon the skirmish unfolding between TORASIN, KIARA and ALAN. He notes the two equines as members of the Qian, and with a sense of familial protectiveness, he surges his muscular bulk towards them, digesting the situation as he approached. As the bay mare ALAN presses herself forward to Torasin, he throws himself at her right side, hoping that in her concentration she finds herself unexpectedly knocked over. Should he find himself successful in tipping her over, he would not hesitate to pommel her with the broad hooves that hung from his charcoal front legs. Should she still be standing, his teeth would flash from between black and pink lips, biting viciously at her neck and shoulder, fulfilling the predatory appearance his orange eyes already portrayed.

Madyrn was surprised that a beast as fat as LLOYD could dodge him so easily, especially given the circumstances. Dust had been thrown up with the arrival of MIDAS, dust that if one watched closely enough, turned charcoal-black in hue, and then that dust turned to sound - loud, exploding sound. Sparks replaced the dust, and then smoke replaced the sparks. Madyrn coughed, but remained true on his path, genuinely surprised and furious that the heavy, larger warrior with horns an everyday cow would wear apparently held agility greater than his own. He supposed it was the inaccuracy that the smoke and dust caused which drove his path off its initial target, however even though his eyes watered and his lungs screamed, he had been so sure LLOYD was in an escapable position, at least for his shoulder to ram into the steed's, or his bite to land, or his hindlegs to connect with something. Three attempts he had made, and all three had been missed. He cursed the Incendiary then, for his dust-stirring ways had evidently, affected Madyrn's accuracy, but somehow allowed the great hulk LLOYD higher agility. Eyes of a predator watched as the horned brothers continued their chase after Ricochet, leaving Madyrn to stand amidst the slowly settling smoke, completely unaware that he was about to be completely distracted by the arrival of DIEMOS.

A hunger, an emptiness, a hollow itch overwhelmed Madyrn. The stallion, named for shadows and yet ruled by fire, visibly seemed to dim, the alertness about him stolen by another, by this, DIEMOS. Orange eyes swivelled in their sockets to view their next opponent as he approaches, for Madyrn can feel him approach, this emptiness within him was not caused by any normal biological function. It was magical, and Madyrn was wise to hold wariness and awareness of just what this steely steed might be capable of. DIEMOS came at his right side, and slower than he wanted to, sluggishly, heavily, Madyrn tried to move, to shift, to escape the onslaught of energy-draining nearness this steed forced upon him. A stumbling step, and another, and he had at least altered the path of accuracy for DIEMOS, the horn piercing his skin, just at the fleshy bit of skin above his right elbow and leaving behind a shallow, yet long laceration, which speedily filled with rivulets of thick crimson blood, and dripped down the back of his right foreleg. As fast as DIEMOS spun to aim his hindlegs then, Madyrn spun to the , forcing the movement from his sluggish legs, jaggedly making a course away, anywhere as long as it was away from this demon, this satanic hellion whom he longed to know how to kill. DIEMOS' hooves are felt upon his right haunch, the contact enough to leave a bruise, and scrape away a layer skin in the shape of two half-moon hooves. With a heavy grunt, Madyrn hopes to take advantage of the proximity DIEMOS is in to apply his own attack. The instant DIEMOS' hooves return to the ground Madyrn shoots out with his own hinds, grinding his teeth against the effort he has to employ to accomplish the normally simply task of kicking out. He wonders, idly, if any others feel the effects of this demon, as upon landing, he urges himself into a jagged, uneven trot, happy to put as much space as possible between himself and this, monster.

[737 words
Summary:
Maskan: Uh since Ricciardo has not responded yet, effects from their interaction are still pending. Meanwhile, Maskan sees the struggle between Kiara, Torasin and ALAN, so heads over there, aproaching ALAN's right side in hopes of knocking her over, or at least interrupting her attack on Torasin, before either battering her with his forelegs (should she be on the ground) or biting at her neck/shoulder region.

Madyrn: Angry that ALL of his attacks missed LLOYD, he feels DIEMOS approaching (Diemos has not used his magic but his nearness causes these 'drained' effects anyway so that's how I played it), and tries to move away from the attacks. DIEMOS' horn hit him just above his elbow, and DIEMOS' kick gets his right haunch as he is moving away. As a counterattack, Madyrn then kicks out at DIEMOS as soon as he lands, before slowly trying to trot away. ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lucius - 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Giselle - 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lloyd - 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-26-2012, 02:35 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Ned - 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Aurelius - 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Arabella - 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Korra - 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Monster - 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Jaydan - 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Cineviam - 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM