the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE]

Ned Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Unicorn | Stallion | Ten | 14.0 hands
These unicorns reminded him of little more than angry hornets. Invade their home, shake their nest, and they all come out full force aiming only to attack with little planning to their movements. There was one mare, black and white, that he noticed take off after him as he moved to intercept PSYCHE. His small ears had tilted back, but he continued his charge at PSYCHE, aiming to wound her before turning on this other mare. PALADIN, however, charged into the fray, abandoning GISELLE to aid him, a move that Ned would have to thank him for later when they made it back home to the Foothills. There was noise above them, but it did not distract the sturdy little stallion from his target. Coming from a land that rained fire there was very little that could draw his attention to the sky. His target screamed, her body turned and ran harder, his horn angled with deadly intent.

The feeling of piercing flesh was a very distinct one, as was the feeling of continuing to slice it and lay it open to the elements. Had he aimed just a little lower and struck true the mare's entrails would be tangling around her hooves and she'd be kissing the dirt as many warriors had in Vanthra. Her screams and shrieks did little to affect the warrior's concentration for they were not important. What was important was the three sets of hooves that he heard pounding after him and the sound of Paladin's voice as he yelled at DELINNE to leave him alone. It was foolish, he thought, in battle to shout at the enemy to leave one of your allies alone just as it was foolish to ignore the one targeting you to spare an ally.

PALADIN intercepted the black and white mare again, leaving Ned to deal with PSYCHE. If there was one thing Ned's small size afforded him, it was speed and agility. He twisted his body away from PALADIN and DELINNE and ran for the forest, aiming to draw PSYCHE away from her overprotective little friend. The small warrior began to slow, hoping that PSYCHE would think he was getting tired. All at once he planted his forelegs and bucked powerfully at the mare, hoping that his hooves would connect with that precious horn of hers and snap it off completely, though he would be satisfied should his kick connect with her chest, even.

When his hind hooves hit the ground again he twisted his body, head angling so the bladed horn would, again, cut down her side. The only difference was that this time he aimed for the left to effectively weaken both sides, increase the amount of pain she felt, and reduce her ability to move like she wanted to.

[Word Count: 464

Ned ignored Delinne since Paladin was charging after her and blocking her attacks. Listened to Paladin, Delinne, and Psyche as they all ran after him. When Paladin caught up with Delinne, Ned turned away from them and continued to run to draw Psyche away from them. He then slowed down and bucked at her, hoping to hit her horn and break it, or hit her chest and wind her. When his hooves hit the ground again he twisted to slice his horn down Psyche's left side.]

Horses: colourize-stock | Breathless-dkBackground: resuregesky: em4nu@flickr.comManip: AquiloniusLupus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lucius - 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Giselle - 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lloyd - 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Ned - 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Aurelius - 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Arabella - 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Korra - 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Monster - 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Jaydan - 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Cineviam - 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM