the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
He was not so intent on burying his teeth into another flesh that he was not aware of the lithe, dancing figures around him. It did help that he stood head and shoulders around most who stood nearby, including the antlered unicorn he was charging up on. His peripheral vision caught a glimpse of silver hide racing up on the mare's other side, while it was hard not to notice the young painted stud earning new hues on his coat before her.

It was not difficult for the hybrid stud to come to a snap decision to abort his bite on the assessment that his sheer mass moving through would be sufficient distraction now that another was coming in to attack. Lucky that, for even as he lifted his head up in the space of time it took him to take one stride... she lashed out as he'd somewhat expected her to. Those antlers were tossed back, and Vikram threw his head up rapidy to avoid getting a face full of tines. She swayed away from him even then, a brief second's movement as he took another half stride. There was no question of stopping, he'd never be able to fling himself into a halt or away from her wide-spreading antlers. He was too big, had too much mass, to do any such thing, especially at the rate of speed he was going. But his size did have its advantages, combined with the scaling that begun upon his breast. Her antlers now were conveniently at chest height, even with their sharp points pointed back at him. There was a sharp clatter just before the thump of their bodies colliding shoulder to shoulder, antlers rattling against bronzen scales and finding no purchase. At least, almost none. There was more than just the dim ache of bruising on his shoulder, for a few tines had slid past scales to pierce his skin before the force of impact knocked her away.

Sharp stings accompanied the small trickles of blood that darkened his copper bay coat as he charged onward, barely slowed by his collision with KORRA, though he did make one last pass of aggression as he strode onward. His spur-tipped tail swung at her side as he passed her, his superior height lending the appendage's passage a direct route to slashing the mare's side should she have lingered near enough, long enough.

But the mare held his attention not a moment longer, for his gaze moved onward, forward, seeking someone else to strike against. Golden eyes fell upon familiar figures ahead, facing against other figures of heights nearly reaching his own. Something akin to enthusiasm arose anew in the DragonSon's heart, and he angled past other combatants that he either knew or dimly recognized, yet ignored. He couldn't pass by the opportunity to even the playing field for another ally. But things were resolved almost before he got there, And he decided instead to be distraction instead of closing, careening toward and past LLOYD and LUCIUS, lashing his tail at them as he went. Perhaps he'd get lucky and land a passing slash upon them.

Over the clamor of battle he heard the distinctive trilling of Akaith. A warning, loud enough to reach his ears and easily enough for the great steed to interpret. He veered away from potential foes, seeking space. Another stride and his wings were flung wide and up. Another and a sure, hard beat of his wings and he was aloft, each beat of his wings heavy but hungry for altitude. Then he banked, turning about to approach the battle anew from the outskirts. Anxious eyes sought out the gleam of gold, found it at the far end of a field of battle, above two solitary fighters. One of whom was Mirage. Ears swept forward and back, and he strained for speed.

Onward. Leaving the furor of battle in his wake, and bringing with him his own version of battle fury. A bellowing roar ripped from him, anger rising to the fore to see his beloved being attacked. Never mind her protestations of being able to defend herself. He would never, ever be able to stand aside to watch her get hurt. And he wasn't going to let now be an exception. Just strides out he dropped to the ground, wings snapping shut awkwardly as he charged forward. His intent was to slam broadside into the offending stallion CINEVIAM, knock him down and trample him. Anything, so long as it took attention from Mirage and put it square upon himself instead.

[768 words (holy crap).
Defense: Throws his head up to avoid Korra's antlers, gets pierced a few times on chest/shoulder before collision and passing through.
Attack: Lashes tail at Korra as he passes her. Charges at Lloyd and Lucius with intent to charge past them as distraction. Lashes tail at them as he goes by. Flies over the field and drops down to charge and potentially bodyslam Cineviam.

Went way over limit or would have had another attack on someone else. Oh well.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lucius - 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Giselle - 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lloyd - 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Ned - 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Aurelius - 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Arabella - 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Korra - 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Monster - 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Jaydan - 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Vikram - 09-26-2012, 08:08 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Cineviam - 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM