the Rift

Elephant March

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu

Indigo eyes flick upward at movement, and he pauses mid-chew at the clearing of a throat. Gaze lands on a golden body and he rips another mouthful of grass before lifting his head (neck swelling to raise his heavy horn). A lopsided smile pulled his black lips aside and warmed the masked face. Though a barest shadow passed in the depths of the navy pools as they collided with lovely teal ones.

Black-rimmed ears twitch as she speaks, the voice washing comfortably around him. The smile leaves his mouth as he finishes chewing his grass while she finishes her welcome- but his dark eyes are still warm. While he swallows the mouthful, he unassumingly glances over her- for any stallion would be drawn to do the same. The gold, though darkened by the fat drops that warned of a torrent, looked warm to the touch- and it melted into velvet cream. Her face though- this had been the source of the shadow. The striking markings were a distorted echo of the past… but they pull his eyes to her face, and his easy smile returns.

“Ah, Helovia!” the deep voice holds familiarity, “I’m glad I’ve made it. It’s not easy to find,” his eyes break from the teal- somewhat reluctantly- as another large brute enters in the quickly shrinking clearing. The gilded mare seems quite petite between the two behemoths, now.

He grins as the spotted white stallion speaks- the friendliness here was a nice change from his journey- and notices him taking a whiff of the air. Hmm, not a bad idea- and a gentle inhale passes his thick nose. The mare smelled (unsurprisingly) sweet, but startlingly cold. He wasn’t a fan of cold, but he did enjoy the honey. The stallion was a harder read: not quite as cold and of the ocean? He wasn’t sure.

Ears prick to attention as the owl lands on the bulky hind of the stud. A flighted cohort? Useful. The old general passes his glance from the bird to the thick stature of the stud, appreciating his icy horn and telltale signs of a warrior’s skin. “I am Tembovu, from Dorobo,” he smiles wryly, “A land that, I think, is on the opposite world’s edge from yours. Or so my travels made it seem.” The massive stud had left Dorobo on words that a ‘Helovia’ was a land less corrupt than his own- though only time would tell.

Cobalt irises glance, and linger, on the mare, interested to hear her name- perhaps more interested than he should be. The owl catches his eye once more, “A useful friend, you’ve got there,” he nods towards the tawny raptor, ebony horn dipping through the raindrops. They were falling fatter and thicker now, but it was still just a warning drizzle.

His grin has faded to a lopsided smile once more, “Shall we move to the trees while you tell me of your World’s Edge? And you tell of your domain, golden lady? The rain will get heavier before it gets lighter,” the low voice is lighthearted, and his suggestion was in deference to the mare and stallion. Tembovu actually loved the rain- for it was scarce in his old lands. But he had found others did not enjoy being drenched by showers- and this rain was a tad chilly. The deluges of the savannah were warm.

ooc| So sleepy -.- zzz BUT I wanted to get this post up! Also, I don’t like the word sniff, I’ve decided. This post might be all over the place… And I think it’s time for me to go to sleep. @[Rexanna] @[Mauja]

There's a burning star to lead your father home,
He'll travel from afar, no matter where you roam.
Rest your angry heart, my darling, don't you cry,
Soon you'll see him come across the bending, bleeding sky.

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-05-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Rexanna - 05-05-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Mauja - 05-06-2015, 06:00 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-07-2015, 02:39 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Rexanna - 05-07-2015, 04:04 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Mauja - 05-09-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-11-2015, 12:53 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Rexanna - 05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Mauja - 05-13-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-18-2015, 10:56 PM