the Rift

Elephant March

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu

His thick skin twitched at the increase of cold drops, though his attention remained on the two others with him. He nodded at the lady as she gave her name, and a deep chuckle rumbled from his big barrel at her words- indeed Tembovu felt the annoyance of the dripping chain by just looking at it. But he disliked any encumbrances, whether they be armor, jewelry, or satchels; he liked his body bare, he was large enough as it was without extra bulk. “Certainly a face such as yours does not need the adornment of a chain, Rexanna,” his words may have come across as flattery, but his congenial smile made them disarmingly pleasant.

Eyes watch her pass between the two of them, stopping near the very tree he pushed over earlier. His eyes flicked to it, before he turned his attention to Mauja as the hefty white stud partially relocated to the tree cover. If all the stallions of the World’s Edge were as him, Tembovu thought he would rather join them then lead battalions against them. Tembovu followed, reforming their quaint circle, his heavy hoof-falls thudding in the scant underbrush. Another lopsided smile crossed his face at her laughter and he glanced at her, but his attention returned to Mauja as he spoke of a ’killing spree.’.

The warmth in his face died away at the words, his expression becoming blank. Disappointment coiled in his belly as a thick black snake- though he didn’t know why he had gotten his hopes up. It was foolish. Certainly any place could not be as Helvoia had been told to him- with fair gods and few wars. By the sounds of it, it was just the opposite. He flicked his thick tail, rested a hind leg, and sighed softly as Mauia spoke of balance.

“I’m no stranger to hard work, Mauja,” the muscles on his stature and scars shining on his exposed hide on his shoulder mirrored his words, “In fact, I’d welcome it right about now,” he paused, "And with a strapping stallion like you around, I'm certain it'd be made easy," again the flattery in his words was offset by his genuine tone and warming eyes.

Though the reason only his eyes warmed and not his entire face was that he had concerns over new leadership in a herd. Was the previous herd relocated amicably? Were enemies formed in the move? Were the new leaders young, brash, with something to prove? Did the new regime seek to broaden its boarders? Were they militant or peaceful? How to ask such questions without offending? “Are the new leaders greedy asshats like I’ve seen before? And going take advantage of stupid, ignorant newcomers, like myself?” Those were the questions that the soldier in him wished to speak, but diplomacy made him refrain.

These questions coursed through his broad head just as Mauja stated he had left him with more questions, and he chuckled deeply again, “You’re all too right, my good man,” the moniker was said easily offhand. “Your herd, the World’s Edge- does it plan to follow the ways of your wayward Lady Moon? Or follow a less… destructive path? For lack of a better word,” again, the crooked grin pulled his thick lips awry.

He picked up and replaced leg as he shifted his mammoth weight, “That’s my main question for now. The rest, I’m sure, I will figure out as I bumble through the lands,” he paused momentarily, smiling at the golden mare once more before, “Though, I do need to know: Do you plan to recruit ladies as lovely as Rexanna, here? ‘Cause Aurora Basin makes a strong case by sending her,” he winked as his joking words were meant to lighten the serious undertones of his previous question, his low laugh booming infectiously through the raining trees.

ooc| Bahaha, I died at the paragraph on his name, Neo xD And OKAY so maybe I laid on the 'Mr. Nice-guy' a little thick this post >.< oops
@[Mauja] @[Rexanna]

There's a burning star to lead your father home,
He'll travel from afar, no matter where you roam.
Rest your angry heart, my darling, don't you cry,
Soon you'll see him come across the bending, bleeding sky.

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-05-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Rexanna - 05-05-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Mauja - 05-06-2015, 06:00 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-07-2015, 02:39 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Rexanna - 05-07-2015, 04:04 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Mauja - 05-09-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-11-2015, 12:53 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Rexanna - 05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Mauja - 05-13-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-18-2015, 10:56 PM