the Rift

Elephant March

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu

His boisterous laughter faded back to his lopsided smile. Navy eyes glance over the chain again, and an unwarranted curiosity reverberates in his wide barrel. He had no reason to want to know of this mare’s attachment to the golden chain- but he did. Thick tail swished as he flicked the feeling away with slight annoyance, brows gathering slightly. Just because she looked similar to his past love did not warrant such stirrings of emotional attachment. A man could appreciate at pretty face- but beyond that was simply ridiculous.

He let go of the irritation with a short, easy sigh. He watched Rexanna attentively as she spoke of the Aurora Basin. Cupped ears flicker at her laugh, a sounds that echoed in his body more pleasantly that it should have, and he caved to it and his previous curiosity, “I’d like to hear the story behind the nostalgia, Rexanna,” his deep voice reverberated, "Perhaps at a later date? Though I hope it is sooner rather than later." He smiled crookedly.

He watched her at her face alight while she spoke of her Basin. Clearly she enjoyed her lands- though to Tembovu the thought of cold and mountains and- ugh. He had travelled through enough of that on his way here. He preferred the warm savannah, the heat was his home. Though Mauja’s home did not seem to be of that kind of warmth, it certainly seemed warmer than the Basin.

Swinging his gaze to the white, speckled stud, he thought he noticed a glassy, distracted look in his icy eyes. Though did he really? The stallion was so inexpressive, he couldn’t be sure. Mauja was ice to Tembovu’s savannah, aloofness to his congeniality- These useless, silly thoughts made him smile larger, and he shook his large gently head to bring his attention to the present.

At Mauja’s offer to both Rexanna and himself, he flicked an interested ear towards hear, brows raising, “You drive a hard bargain, good sir,” he chuckled, “But I am glad to hear that,” his tone grew serious and his voice deeper as Mauja assuaged his concerns.

Returning to his weight to all four massive hooves with yet another shift of weight, the military leader in him grew tried of waiting at the threshold of a new land, a new life. His muscles were twitching to work, his mind buzzing with ideas of a new herdlands, and his groin already itched to start a new family- if this immediate reaction to Rexanna was any indication. Though he was not ready- not ever- for that pain again.

Dark blue eyes grey darker at these thoughts, the warmth leeching out of his demeanor as his smile faded.”While you admirably speak of your Aurora Basin, Rexanna, I’ll join Mauja back to his World’s Edge. Though I do hope you’ll consider his offer and join us,” the deep voice rumbled and rolled over the equines and through the trees, “But nothing good ever comes of a man following an unknown, beautiful woman- in my experience,” as quickly as it had left, his humor and candor returned to soften any negative feelings of his decision. He winked good-naturedly at the small, stunning, golden mare.

He looked to Mauja, gave a short bob of his head, thick and heavy horn cutting through the rain-heavy air, “Let’s get to work, my good man. Lead the way,” indeed, he was ready to do something instead of traveling and waiting.

ooc| Sorry about my snail-speed! I underestimated how time consuming clinical rotations would be, and I also couldn't decide how Tembovu would decide. Hehe, poor Mau >.< I don’t think any stallion has ever thought he was flirting with him yet! hehe.
@[Mauja] @[Rexanna]

There's a burning star to lead your father home,
He'll travel from afar, no matter where you roam.
Rest your angry heart, my darling, don't you cry,
Soon you'll see him come across the bending, bleeding sky.

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-05-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Rexanna - 05-05-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Mauja - 05-06-2015, 06:00 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-07-2015, 02:39 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Rexanna - 05-07-2015, 04:04 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Mauja - 05-09-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-11-2015, 12:53 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Rexanna - 05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Elephant March - by Mauja - 05-13-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: Elephant March - by Tembovu - 05-18-2015, 10:56 PM