the Rift

[OPEN] Technicolor Sunset

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Thor & Sabine
The gentle shifting of the tree limbs made my heart race, despite the coolness of an early, autumn night. The air was brisk and smelled of the coming winter, but it was impossibly beautiful in the Grove. Fireflies had retired for the summer, seeking refuge in the thicket and within hallowed tree trunks, but the crickets remained, their symphony lifting and dropping away as I walked. I sought to find my way to the crystalline pool in hopes of again pondering what it might be like to accompany Evangeline to such an intimate refuge… I had been troubled by the idea for what felt like weeks and had yet to mention it to anyone other than the sea in the Edge. I had never before asked a woman for their hand in such a bold and presumptuous way and that made me nervous. Essetia had been unplanned and further born from inexperience in my youth. Yet, I was older now and Evangeline was not Tamira… Things were certainly different this time around. Was it so wrong of me to desire perfection?

I had waited so long for this, or perhaps I was getting ahead of myself- I had waited so long for her. More than anything I wanted to prove to Eva that I was not like the rest, I was entirely different. I planned to stay by her and support her and… do everything that any proper man must. I was not raised to be polygamous or swindling; I was raised to be the perfect gentleman and that’s exactly what Eva deserved.

We’d been here formerly, under much different circumstances no less, and before I’d hinted toward our return, it took much deliberation on my part. I wanted things to fall into place naturally because planning was certainly not my strong suit, nor Evangeline’s. Besides, if the Pure was evenly mildly convinced that I’d coerced her here under selfish pretenses, she’d be gone faster than I could utter the word “stop”. The woman had a mind of her own and that was something I admired in her, though I hoped it didn’t keep us from moving forward any more than it already had. I had stuck by her for so long, looking for ways to convince her to be mine… this was my way of sealing the deal.
No grave can hold my body down, I'll crawl home to her
Image Credits!

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Technicolor Sunset - by Thor - 05-06-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: Technicolor Sunset - by Evangeline - 05-06-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: Technicolor Sunset - by Thor - 05-13-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: Technicolor Sunset - by Evangeline - 05-20-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: Technicolor Sunset - by Thor - 05-20-2015, 07:16 PM