Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

"I can fault her and I damn well will. I don't give a shit about her, or her herd, or her feelings. I care about you."

Had she truly learned nothing of what he had tried to teach her? He didn't want to think that everything he'd told her while she was young and growing had gone in one ear and out of the other. Everything that their grandmother had taught him he'd tried to teach Lakota, but he clearly wasn't as good of a teacher as their grandmother had been. He sighed, shaking his head at her vehemence. "If I matter so much then you'll respect what I say, won't you?" He asked, his voice growing stern. "I taught you respect and understanding when you were young and its time you remember that."

He took no joy in scolding his younger sister and often held off until he had to, but he knew her. He knew the tone of her voice that promised revenge, he knew the set of her ears that spoke of her anger, and he knew the way her muscles retracted when she was ready to fight. "You want revenge, I know you do. But for what? What's the point? When has revenge ever done anything good for us?" Did her revenge on their father make her feel better? Maybe for a few minutes. Did it bring Ithrim back? No. It separated them, drove them to different ends of the world, and hurt them. And there she was, ready to cause more pain because he threw himself into battle. It was a never ending cycle that had cursed their family from the day he was born.

"I thought you could finally be safe here. I caused you so much pain when we were foals -"

A sad smile curved the corners of Alleo's mouth upwards as Lakota spoke of their childhood and the pain that she thought she'd caused. Every beating that he had taken, every lash that had split his hide, and every drop of his blood that fell to the ground was ingrained in his memory but he would do it all over again. "Its not your job to worry about me." He murmured. "I told you when you left home that your only job was to keep living. To find your happiness again."

"I thought that maybe you could finally get the peace you deserved. I never wanted to see you like this again, fratello."

"Look at me, mio cuore." He stepped forward to touch his muzzle to his sister's cheek. "This is who I am; your protector. Then, now, the future, and I would live the same life over again for you."

"."

translation:
mio cuore - my heart

Credits

Messages In This Thread
take me home to your heart - by Lakota - 05-07-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: take me home to your heart - by Alleo - 05-07-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: take me home to your heart - by Lakota - 05-10-2015, 10:12 PM