the Rift

[OPEN] fulfil our duty

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
An overwhelming sense of failure possessed the posture of the dragonmare, as she walked up the narrow, volcanic path of the Veins, watching with bland indifference as the blue molten rock trickled down the mountainside. The heat warmed her scales, the glow of the veins cast a purple hue across her iridescent scales. And yet, the girl's golden pools could not grasp the beauty and magnificence laid out before her - rather, she saw only the destruction the fire and flames wrought on the lands they touched, charring and scarring everything in its wake.

But Amaris didn't hate fire, no, she lived it, and had grown to love and respect it after living in the Sun's lands. But what it represented, the sense of betrayal she felt, both for the Moon and now against her own herd… the mare wasn't sure which hurt the most. The worst part was, it was entirely self-inflicted. She was the one who had chosen to join the Throat, to be with her cousin, instead of return to the Edge, to be with the family that she was bound to by strings not made out of blood but rather some more undefinable. She was then the one who then left the Throat, to try for the leadership of the now-abandoned Edge, competing in a test that had shattered her confidence. She was the one who had failed (miserably) the test that had followed, made a fool of herself in front of her leader, her Sultana, the one who had trusted her in his herd, his family.

Amaris had not lingered long after the decision was given, too afraid to question Gaucho too closely about it - what if he decided to turn her out for good? The dragongirl needed time to think and process. She had farewelled her mother's dragon with a soft, sad song, knowing that her mother would be privy to her depression and knowing there was nothing she could do about it.

She was helpless, as well as a bit hopeless.

So she thought she would attend to the patrol she was assigned this season, albeit with less grace and fervour as the last time she had gone on patrol, she would still fulfil the duties of her home, for so long as she was allowed to call it that.

@[Bucephalus] & @[Morrigan]
Patrol thread!
I think you guys are on absent? So this is an open thread anyway C:
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-09-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-16-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-17-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-19-2015, 05:42 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-19-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-27-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-30-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-31-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-31-2015, 05:22 PM