the Rift

[OPEN] fulfil our duty

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

VOLTERRA
you will remember me for centuries
He can't help but wonder where her spirit-dragons have got to. The red and the green that she'd been accompanied by, that had so enraptured the then-young colt, were nowhere to be seen. He wonders how his bonded would react if Amaris summoned the spirits again, and the thought brings a smile to his face. With a final hearty catlike purr at the dragonmare, Vérzés flaps his wings and lifts back onto Volterra's broad shoulders, nestling down into his mane but not taking his eyes off Amaris.

She reveals her spirit-dragons taught her languages, and the giant yearling smiles. "Where are your spirit-dragons today? I think Vérzés would like to meet them." Again he wonders why she doesn't have them with her. They may not be as real as the true bond between dragon and equine, but Volterra imagines their companionship is just as precious. If he was dragonless but had Amaris' magic, he would always have the spirits near him, for companionship and knowledge. Oh, the loneliness she must be feeling without them!

He ruffles proudly as she comments on his story. The strength of his soul. And his body too, he hopes. Her final words bid the colt's smile to retreat, his expression growing as serious as hers. His massive head turns to touch his nose to his dragon's, a sombre understanding passing between them as the red releases a gentle chirrup. "I couldn't. Vérzés is my world. I would die for him, kill for him." He's reminded of the day with Isopia when he discovered his magic; when he thought his dragon was going to fly to his death in the forest fire. He remembers the sheer panic that gripped him, the terror at the idea of losing his mind-partner, a terror so great it had dragged up the magic from deep within his soul to protect the red. Their relationship goes beyond love, deeper than devotion, more intense than friendship. It is everything.

A small, sardonic snort explodes from his nostrils. "He's all I have now. Him and my sister, Nymeria. Our mother...she was stolen recently. Taken away by a beast of a man, away from us." The bitterness in his voice is evident. He hasn't spoken of his mother's disappearance to anybody except Nymeria, so saying it aloud to a relative stranger is odd. But he trusts Amaris, likes her, and he just needs to say it, to explain why his dragon is so important to him now more than ever. Together they will grow and take back what was taken from them. Or die trying.

LINEART: DARYA87.DA

@[Amaris]

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-09-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-16-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-17-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-19-2015, 05:42 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-19-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-27-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-30-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-31-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-31-2015, 05:22 PM