the Rift

into the wild

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
belladonna, in italian a beautiful lady; in english a deadly poison.

Rain fucking sucked.

The fae was alone in her travels, lingering about the Threshold rather than returning home immediately. Her belly was swollen and her hooves ached with the travel that had taken her to the gateway initially. It was perhaps too long a journey for her with how far along she was, but Lakota was uncomfortable in the Falls - not because she cared about the invasion, but rather for the fact that her mate seemed to be slipping ever farther from her. So instead she lied through her teeth about duties and feeling useless (that one rang far too true in the hollows of her bones and quiet nightmares in her head) and she had set out to find new members for her herd.

Though autumn already had the land within its grasp, Lakota had hoped the weather would hold long enough for her to find shelter. Movement was impeded by her belly and slight, aching frame, and she could not maneuver quickly to find an adequate tree or coven to find shelter within. To make matters worse, Aodaun had returned home to reassure Ktulu (if she'd even noticed the Poisoner's prolonged absence) that Lakota would be following him back to the Falls soon enough. His absence was a hole in her heart and she missed his company already, but she had duties and obligations. Or at least that's what she told herself, without Aodaun there to shove the truth into her face. Sometimes Lakota wondered what she had done in her life to deserve him.

Voices crooned to her from the rain, and the tired mare huffed and turned towards them, drawing towards their placement sopping wet and miserable. One of them was a pudgy sort, a pale face that seemed further emphasized by some sort of fear he was feeling as he gazed upon a rather interestingly colored and decorated mare. It was she whom Lakota had heard, and she drew forth to huddle as an awkward third point to their newly formed triangle. At least she wasn't the most plain, she snorted to herself.

"Sorry to intrude, I was recruiting around here and I'm exhausted. Kid isn't even out of me yet and it's a handful," she joked awkwardly. Lakota didn't like to be friendly very often, but she couldn't be chased away if what the mare had said about shelter was any indication. Lakota needed their body heat not just for herself but for the foal inside of her as well. "I'm Lakota, nice to meet you. Mind if I tag along?" It was the best she could do, socially, but at least she was trying damn it.

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER FALLS PERSON

Lakota the Poisoner

veerdesigns | larfsalot
on deviantart
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
into the wild - by Badger - 05-10-2015, 06:40 AM
RE: into the wild - by Laedere - 05-16-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: into the wild - by Badger - 05-17-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: into the wild - by Laedere - 05-17-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: into the wild - by Lakota - 05-17-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: into the wild - by Badger - 05-18-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: into the wild - by Laedere - 05-18-2015, 10:24 PM
RE: into the wild - by Lakota - 05-19-2015, 11:53 PM
RE: into the wild - by Badger - 05-21-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: into the wild - by Laedere - 05-27-2015, 06:25 PM