the Rift

into the wild

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
belladonna, in italian a beautiful lady; in english a deadly poison.

Though Lakota was more than aware of the fact that others in Helovia were far kinder than she, she was still successfully startled by the enthusiasm and delight the plain-faced soul offered as she arrived. Lakota flushed to her bones at his exclamation, where once she would have snarked at his stating of the obvious - no, really? I totally didn't notice this giant monstrosity inside of my stomach, I thought it was just the grass!. But it was...kind. It was gleeful, delighted, and Lakota smiled shyly at the pale-faced black for his excitement. His congratulations were prompt and sincere, and it only made her smile grow ever warmer in contrast to the chilly rain that surrounded them all. "Thank you," she cooed, violet eyes like silk as they fell upon him. Her foal was her greatest achievement in her life, bloodied and brutal as it was. He had unknowingly spoken to the side of her that was growing into a protective, loving mother, and almost instantly garnered a few points of sympathy and friendship with it. "Do you like foals? I'm hoping it'll be born before the winter," she frowned softly, her worry coming off her in waves. She was hanging low already, and her birth date had already passed. Lonely as she was with her mate's absence, she couldn't help but strike up the conversation topic, the new and helpless mother in her blabbering for the sake of continuance.

And again, with the gentle nature of the two she had discovered! Laedere, as she was soon pronounced, proffered a gentle smile and kindly words that resonated clearly and softly simultaneously through the watery downpour. Though she spoke archaically, Lakota was versed enough to comprehend her, and as she took the room Badger kindly made for her she cast an unsure smile back in return. Not so nice, remember? But it filled her with warmth. Lakota was unbearably lonely with her mate abandoning her during her pregnancy, her best friend busy commanding the newly reformed herd as a leader. Their companionship, unassuming and gentle, was exactly what she had needed. Lakota found herself embarrassingly grateful for the rainshower that had led her to their sides.

"Thank you," was summarily offered once more, this time to the mare in their midst as she was invited to the cavern. Lakota followed her on sore, aching hooves, blinking out from a decorated face and wet-plastered forelock. She turned to glance back at Badger, encouraging him to come along and already striking up conversation once more. It was unlike her, but continued loneliness was nigh evolutionary when someone who was very private already was subjected to it. "Ah, yes, herds. I'm from the Hidden Falls, east of here. Laedere, are you from the Dragon's Throat? They are often winged," she clarified for Badger and also in explanation for her assumptions for Laedere. Though she was too dignified to call it waddling, that's exactly what she did as she followed after the beautifully colored mare, already nearly groaning in appreciation at the mere prospect of shelter and rest.

@[Badger]

Lakota the Poisoner

veerdesigns | larfsalot
on deviantart
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
into the wild - by Badger - 05-10-2015, 06:40 AM
RE: into the wild - by Laedere - 05-16-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: into the wild - by Badger - 05-17-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: into the wild - by Laedere - 05-17-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: into the wild - by Lakota - 05-17-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: into the wild - by Badger - 05-18-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: into the wild - by Laedere - 05-18-2015, 10:24 PM
RE: into the wild - by Lakota - 05-19-2015, 11:53 PM
RE: into the wild - by Badger - 05-21-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: into the wild - by Laedere - 05-27-2015, 06:25 PM