the Rift

[JUDGED] '88 Cutlass

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

No one told me there was ice under the snow.

It was all a huge set-up for failure, let’s be honest. You were running beside me all quick and sleek, a red-coated fox zipping next to my flailing hooves, nothing but a streak of red varnish beside me. It was a race—or something, I dunno, we were just booking it because you found out somehow that I loved to run and you were forcing me into it, forcing the ice to chip away from the edges of my consciousness—making me move, making me sweat, and even though I still wasn’t sleeping like I should I guess these little races were helping.

And they were making me smile, too.

Like, look at you. Ever since you found out you could do the thing you wouldn’t stop doing it—and maybe it freaked me out at first, what with your changing and shifting and running around as one animal or the other, but your complete and utter happiness melted all of that trepidation, all that worry and fear, and whenever you changed into something furry to lay down with me to sleep and keep my neck warm I was able to keep my eyes closed for a while. Your thoughts were bubbly, too, still with that sense of champagne raining down in my consciousness. And you were dumb as hell, sending me thoughts and ideas that made no sense but made me snort despite myself.

Like…I dunno. The more you grew with me, the more I wondered if my Pa knew what he was doing.

…But anyway, yeah. I’m talking about how I was set up for failure and how shitty it is to fall on ice.

So we were racing, right? You and me, zooming through the snow and the calm of the night. And you broke in front of me, your quick little feet bounding just a little bit faster than my own—but then you got other ideas, didn’t you? In a boom! and crackle! of spark raining down from your tail, you were suddenly morphed into that white, feathery something that I recognized as an owl (I didn’t pretend to ignore what that did to me, you being an owl—but we were still racing so it was easily missed). You flapped and flapped, having practiced it since your first disastrous attempt at flight, and you were flying level with me, then above me, and you were taking the race into the sky where I couldn’t follow.

But there was still this bubble of laughter in my chest—and something stupid broke over me, and I was leaping into the air like some idiotic version of bounding deer. And maybe I looked like a dumbass but it felt great to let go of my inhibitions and jump after you as you drifted through the air…

…but then gravity came back to me, because it’s a cousin of reality and they both like to crash down on me and burst my bubble. I fell back down to the ground, and I would’ve been able to catch myself if there wasn’t a layer of ice beneath the snow.

It was actually kinda spectacular; I skidded and snow blew everywhere around me and I was crashing into the ground and I was still skidding along my side and you were already landing and I could hear the peels of hooting that simulated the laughter that rang in my mind and even though I was gritting my teeth against the throb in my shoulder I was laughing with you.

At first.

“The fuck you lookin’ at?” I suddenly snarled, the mirth falling from my face as I saw a…a shadow I guess, a shadow that was too pale to be a shadow. They were too far away for me to see clearly, but I knew deep down it was someone witnessing my phenomenal fuck-up (and oh god were they there long enough to see me flailing in the air like an idiot--?). I rolled to my feet as fast as I could, to face this stranger and convince them that they should just turn their ass around and leave me the fuck alone.

[WC:703
PC: 0/3

Location: Frostbreath Steppe, night-fall. Clear moonless sky and soft, powdery, new-fallen snow. Patches of ice underneath.

For @[Thranduil]!

Limited Timeline!]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
'88 Cutlass - by Roskuld - 05-11-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: '88 Cutlass - by Thranduil - 05-23-2015, 01:17 PM
RE: '88 Cutlass - by Roskuld - 05-31-2015, 02:05 AM
RE: '88 Cutlass - by Thranduil - 06-02-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: '88 Cutlass - by Roskuld - 06-07-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: '88 Cutlass - by Thranduil - 06-20-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: '88 Cutlass - by Blu - 07-27-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: '88 Cutlass - by Blu - 07-27-2015, 09:48 PM