the Rift

Again?

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel
"I'm so stupid..." these wordless lips would never speak the common tongue; still, they shuffle apart out of habit -- even if no sound can come forth. Privately I sulk and march the hours away on this cold, windy, moonless night. Though none of those environmental aspects bothered me; the crisp northern breeze is a dear friend and a slight comfort. Silver droplets moisten the corner of my eyes, pride forces them back as I swallow a silent sob. It's true when men say the heart of a young girl is a chasm; tricky to navigate -- a dangerous hole that makes false echo's for those that hunt for her gentle touch.

Emotions are what did start my search for a dark scent and crimson hair; the security of smooth flesh pressed against my shoulder, a silver stare and tender voice whispering a lullaby into the night. But that journey was just as pointless as my life has been -- the path I'd led over the course of two long years, had come full circle. Here I am again; call it déjà vu. Should've never have left.

The spawn of a thief and frozen king; a child of ice and passion. Nameless, a bastard babe, outcast, orphan, homeless. All those labels hit nothing, no cord within me; they'd never bothered my sleep or occupied a space in this curious mind. Titles are often used to describe an individual, if they where strong or brave, foolish, hardy, evil -- we christened them with a name.

These feet remember scarce few of the narrow hind trails I've traveled. The forgiving soil beneath me is moist with sweat, the vegetation dead or asleep. This land was well underway for Frostfall to make an entrance. Yet, there was one inhabitant that hasn't prepared for the cold. My weary stare finds the path ahead to be broken, twisted; memories scramble to make sense of the smoky colored branches that litter the way. Those inky, itchy shadows take all familiar would-be away.

This trail forks, branching off to the northeast and west. I pause in the center, frowning, scanning and weighting my skimpy options. A soundless mist extends from my jaw and another pitiful rise of anxiety whelps anew. What was the point of this? Why was I back?

Art by Bronzehalo. Table by Riven

Messages In This Thread
Again? - by Sielu - 05-12-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: Again? - by Nyx - 05-13-2015, 11:09 AM
RE: Again? - by Kiara - 05-13-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: Again? - by Sielu - 05-16-2015, 11:32 AM
RE: Again? - by Nyx - 05-16-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Again? - by Kiara - 05-19-2015, 04:28 PM