the Rift

awake my soul;

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Smile for your sins

My mind wandered to home and to Evangeline and to all the things I’d been avoiding since my move back to the World’s Edge. I found that I had many things to pursue and yet no motivation to do any of it. Whether or not that made me indolent or not could go one way or the other, but I liked to consider myself… amenable. Besides, it took time to assemble a successful “faction” (because my family had divorced due to the invasion)… I just hoped it would happen sooner rather than later.

My eyes seemed to find each creature in attendance while I contemplated various other concepts about life, but I stopped on Rohan when he turned to regard the mare called Sialia. She was a beauty all her own before she thought to open her mouth and let her temperament ruin my view of her. That’s not to say that the Threshold wasn’t capable of bringing out the worst in just about everyone, I’d just expected someone –Kinder? More eloquent?— than her. But, hell… what do I know of eloquence? I guess we were all looking to make a a good impression on Rohan and that was (and I’m putting it quite simply) the bottom line.

Of course, he was still quite a hard sell as he found only more reasons to disagree with most everything we said. It was something different and perhaps a bit refreshing, given the many lost souls who settled for my own white lies. It was entirely too easy to paint images of niceties and peace concerning the Edge, or anywhere for that matter, but with the betrayal of the Goddess of the Moon hanging like a noose around my neck, I found it was a little harder than I’d remembered. I wasn’t even sure what kind of Kings I now served, other than the trickle of rumors through the grapevine. It was the land itself that I knew so much about; it had not changed as much as its government and that was something I found the most comfort in. I guess it was the only thing I found comfort in anymore.

When Rohan’s attention was finally curved from the temptress that was Lakota and again fixed (albeit distractedly) on me, I took a moment to consider my words. Whatever I said now would either challenge him or agree with him… I abhorred the idea of again being fooled by my own kindly nature, but at the same time… I didn’t want to mess up any chance of giving the World’s Edge a healthy berth for his consideration. My tongue felt dry and heavy as I began with an almost apologetic smile, “Oh, I certainly agree… that’s why I believe wholeheartedly in the World’s Edge. You see, not only are we constructing a new government, we are also constructing a new rule. We recently invaded the Hidden Falls and my own former leads are working to settle those willing to make the move. Where we once valued peace and neutrality, I believe that the two Kings who have risen to guide us back in the Edge are a little more… proactive to say the least,” I informed him with a subtle smile. If he were to meet Mauja and Torliek, I knew that he would be as convinced as I was… They were entirely opposite of Kaj and Kahlua before they made Archibald King. That was something that hadn’t escaped my notice since their coronation.

Now, since you want the truth about the World’s Edge, I think it’s best you know that our patron is the Goddess of the Moon. I also think you should know that she has been banished by the other immortals for wreaking havoc throughout Helovia and committing a series of murders. As a result and as you know now, we invaded the Hidden Falls in and attempt to seek refuge away from the Moon’s sacred land, but I decided to stay. I’m too partial to the sea and the mist and, well, the memories,” I stated on a defeated sigh. It felt like the first time I’d ever admitted why I’d stayed behind and honestly, it was logic enough for me. “If you wanted all the unknowns then there they are… Though I have a good feeling you’ll have plenty to do considering the many ranks and the many chores still left undone from the invasion. The most I can tell you otherwise would be opinion-based, but the kind of stallions I follow most certainly come with grand schemes,” I concluded confidently.

I guess what I’m getting at is this- I came here intending to sugar coat all that I’ve told you, but I find you to be a more than perfect fit. None of these lands are without hardship, no matter what their representatives say. But, I’ve told you the god-honest truth. At least come and visit, see the lay of the land, meet Mauja and Torleik… I think you’ll find us more than accommodating.

Thor the Gentle Heart
@[Rohan] @[Lakota] @[Sialia]

Brit-- I went ahead and skipped you because it's been over 48 hours.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
awake my soul; - by Rohan - 05-13-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Lakota - 05-13-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Thor - 05-14-2015, 12:26 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Rohan - 05-14-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Sialia - 05-14-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Lakota - 05-15-2015, 02:09 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Thor - 05-17-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Rohan - 05-17-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Sialia - 05-21-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Thor - 05-27-2015, 10:36 PM