the Rift

[OPEN] in a perfect world this would never happen

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

“This is the desert,” I was telling you, “It’s really, really shitty.”

You sent me a questioning thought; images of sand dunes ‘n shit blinked in my head.

“No, it’s actually shitty and there’s no getting around that.”

You sent me images of the rare tree we had passed.

“Those, too. Everything’s shitty.”

Images of the clouds, the blue sky, the temperate wind.

What I just say.”

Your questions ended; you were very convinced of the shittiness of this place.

Well.

Okay you were convinced that I thought this place was shitty. Where you were, soaring up above on those tiny little owl wings of yours—well. You thought the place was pretty bitchin’. Lots of open sky, lots of space, nice wind that didn’t bite into you with frost—

Fuck off with that this place is shitty and there’s no redemption.”

You laughed at me in our head.

Fuck. Off.

You wondered idlly—thoughts you’ve been beginning to wonder lately. Images of me with you, by your side—but up in the air, soaring as easily as you could soar, tumbling through the clouds and playing and—

Chico,” I said, my head always getting dizzy whenever he thought those things to me; I was too tired for that shit,”For the last time, fuck o--

--but then I was sliding because suddenly the land just—

--stopped.

”The fuck is this? I asked harshly, and you thought I was asking you and there was a mental shrug as you flitted down to sit on my ass—

--but no, you’ve never been here before, you wouldn’t remember that there used to be land here, a thin plank of land that leaded to the Dragon’s Throat.

But it wasn’t there anymore.

All there was was this…water that never mattered, or maybe never even was there because I don’t remember this much water being here.

Did I…did I take the wrong turn?

But how the fuck do you mess this up? It’s literally the easiest route to follow—just take the shittiest direction and let the sand sink into your crevices and you’ll be there, viola.

I think.

I mean, I had been hallucinating the last time I came here.

I snorted and chewed my lip thoughtfully. Jiji was expecting me--I had told her I was coming to visit her and it had taken me a long time to do it but shit was about to go down so I figured it was time to fulfill a promise. At least…one promise, at any rate.

But the Throat wasn’t here…well. The bridge wasn’t here. There was just this water and this shitty sand all around the water—but if you looked into the horizon carefully enough you could see things, shadows in the distance, familiar shapes that stood out if you knew what to look for, like this huge, weird, tentacley tree that stamped its shadow in the distance and that stood out to anyone who had ever seen this herd before—

“Hey!” I shouted—because it looked like the Dragon’s Throat, even though it also looked like it had shoved itself from the mainland like a toddler throwing a tantrum. “HEY!” I screamed again, belting it out—wondering if there was anyone who could hear me. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!

Knock-knock, motherfuckers. Anyone home?

[OMG PLEASE CRASH THIS]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
RE: in a perfect world this would never happen - by Roskuld - 05-14-2015, 02:00 PM