the Rift

[OPEN] Heavy Crown

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

“My story?” Essetia questioned with promising amusement to her voice and Maren's ears fell into her direction a bit more. Perhaps the waterfall of a prospering tale would fall down over her in warm shimmering diamonds. But then that plight stumbled over its own feet as she took down the idea of it being interesting – or anything worth listening to. And thus her white ears fell into their normal position again, obviously disappointed, and Maren’s thoughtful gaze wondered off to the golden shimmering dunes. A stinging autumn wind falling upon her instead. Still, the bay girl agreed to walk with her.

As they walked along the shoreline the white wolf sprung into vision a couple times more, sniffing the sand, perhaps hunting down hidden treasures from times forgotten. Or bones. Either way, the white fluffy ball should’ve been a story on itself. “My name?” She mumbled against the air. Haven’t I told – No, I forgot. Such unimportance it was, after all. “Maren”, for it was the fact that she was a Diviner that actually was relevant. But the girl thought it was, so there would be no point in disrespecting that – Also now she could tell her a story. And she liked stories. Still, the girl confused Maren once again. “Hesitation?” she mumbled to the autumn air, again. Then her alabaster head turned to the mare, a frown crowning her eyes. Why are you on the defence about a trivial thing like this? “We just met, but you want to share my family. You are joining our kin.” Nevertheless in the pale purples of her eyes shimmered some kind of understanding. So, with a new kind of caring layer brightening up her outlandish voice, she said with a firmness of a strict mother: “And thus we are family now. From now on, I and my family will be there for you. Either you trust that or you don’t.” Then she turned her alabaster head to watch the wolf do his wolf-thing again.

Eyes buried in thought as the day slowly started to turn their back on them. But then – she felt it – something opened up once the voice of the mare, Essetia, flushed down her ears, like a waterfall. Perhaps. “I have,” she answered softly when she asked if she had heard of the World’s Edge. Of course the wolf would’ve liked the place. He was practically the mist himself. Perhaps that was why she enjoyed watching him hop about so much. But she herself didn’t need the mist, for the mist were with her at all times. She simple had to call them. Nevertheless, the mare seemed conflicted. It was not really an ending she liked. It was too… Standard – too… Empty.

The diviner glanced sideways from time to time, to maybe unravel the expressions on her face. But Maren had never been to good with that. Then, however, the girl questioned her about her story. And that made her think. Also because straight after she asked about the invasion. “Ah, the invasion. We didn’t fight, if that’s what you mean, but we all worried. We were uneasy – we were all walking on our toes – We participated,” she ended in a slight whisper.

That was partly a lie, since she had not really felt the worry, felt the desire to participate – had seen the logic in not doing so. Still, she had seen the faces on other’s when the announcement was made at the herd-meeting a season ago. She had felt the uneasiness in the group when they realized they were to stand by. Maren, however, liked the side-lines, for why would she have interfered? The God had not asked her to, Gaucho had not asked her, her own heart had not asked her. There had not been anything of importance for her in that slowly crumbling scale – Even though she had tried to care for the consequences which would fall over their state of peace – Why? She still could not see any importance in it. All that it had left her with was a mess of insignificance, a scrambled bunch of pictures – memories – of kings and queens; crawling to crowns not meant to be on top of any of those heads clawing their paws at it. Or at least not by those means.

“My story, however, has nothing much to do with the invasion. But since you are new to our herd, it might help you find your path. So I’ll tell you.” Because why not? Sitting in the thoughts of the new World’s Edge was not something worth of any significance. But I can’t shove it out, either… For watching the contestants being chosen, had somehow made her a participant, too.

“I originally come from Deneb, a mountain-monarchy very far from here. From a young age I turned to a path of travelling, though. I preferred learning the ways of my religion over that of sovereignty, so I set out, spend my time with peoples of different origins and learned about not only spirituality – For the world was my teacher, and seeing that strengthened my beliefs and enlightened me in my ways.” It was a lot of bla-bla, but Maren’s gaze sunk back into the bright part of her past without any problems. She couldn’t help it. (Of course the moral of the story would come later, but one needed the boring parts first). “I came across a great variation of cultures, ways of living, divinities, sciences, skills… – It is really unbelievable what the world has to over – before I settled down for a year in a swamp quite close to Helovia, actually,” but a distant shimmering in her eyes crowned by a deepened frown marked the crossing of a path from light to dark. “Life gives us what it gives, and without any bad, there wouldn’t have been any good. For, If not for certain (private) happenings that escalated in the swamp, I would have stayed there to never get as far as Helovia. If not for that negativity in my life, I would not have found the Dragon’s Throat and I would not have become a disciple for the Sun.” Maren turned her alabaster head to the mare to give her a swift smile. Eyes still hooded by that frown. “After that, however, began my real spiritual journey. You see, I found that a choice was made for me (by the Gods); one of a very high importance, but one that I did not understand. And so I struggled against it for a while, let it pull me away, tackle me and let me fall into dusts. For why would I be a disciple for the Sun? Was my question – And I won’t bore you with the details – but I only found out in the end, that I needed the enlightenment of the Sun to see my true belief, to find my true path – which I believe will lead me to the Purpose I am meant to fulfil.”

Maren’s gaze wandered the dunes, looked how the silhouettes of shadows stretched themselves under a setting sun. “You might have suffered from something that might not seem fair to you now, but just see…” she said. “First watch where it brings you, before you let your judgement cloud your eyes.”

Because, even though the diviner wasn’t that good at deciphering expressions, Essetia’s random frustrations, lack of excitement and distrust had been hard to miss.

“Anyway, if you still want to join, let me make you a key for the bridge”, the priestess offered as she stretched out her wings and jawned. For, after all, she had never meant to get strangled up in meeting this girl today; she had simply wanted to nap.

@[Essetia]
Notes:

Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
Heavy Crown - by Essetia - 05-14-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Maren - 05-16-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Astrasza - 05-16-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Essetia - 05-20-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Maren - 05-21-2015, 04:14 PM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Essetia - 05-31-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Maren - 06-10-2015, 11:15 AM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Essetia - 06-12-2015, 07:23 PM