the Rift

[OPEN] barbarian's prisoner

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I watch him from afar for the time being. His movement towards the mare is what drew my attention while I grazed, and so naturally my head lifted to follow and regard him. As I did so I continued to chew the mouthful of weeds and grass that I was working on, the movement forgotten occasionally when something particularly interesting happened over there. Inevitably though, I'd remember to swallow and hungrily reach down for another face-full before resuming my open staring.

I can't say whether or not I would have done this with any horse. It is certainly more appealing to watch than grass swaying in the wind, but it might be more than that too. I feel an odd, pull, towards the... what is the name everyone uses for him? The Stormbringer. Does he really bring storms? Does that mean the grass is always green with him around? Or are these supposedly emotional storms, or even just plain old physical ones born of hoof and teeth?

I shake my head, my thoughts getting sidetracked. Whatever his name, Kaj the Stormbringer has my attention. It began when I first saw him, and intensified when he knew my name. He is not the first to have known me here - that mysterious mare with the golden marking seemed comfortable with me too, and I felt this similar tug of recognition, yet the itching of being unable to completely recall.

I sigh in frustration, wondering who he is, who he really is. Also, who am I? I thought I knew, but he makes me doubt myself, which I don't particularly like.

Swallowing my last bite I stride towards them, creeping up beside Kaj as he's explaining to the mare that she wouldn't be ill-treated. Well, this certainly is interesting after all, and not just because of Kaj's fine man muscles to trace with envy. My dark gaze travels to the mare and back to Kaj repeatedly as they exchange words. Bit by bit I try and piece together what is happening, all the while mindful of any shifts in Kaj's demeanor that might suggest I am unwanted here.

I feel a pull to him, but does he to me? Is the recognition good?

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
barbarian's prisoner - by Dröm - 05-14-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Kaj - 05-15-2015, 01:27 AM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Isopia - 05-16-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Dröm - 05-16-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Dröm - 05-24-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Kaj - 05-20-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Ink - 05-20-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Kaj - 06-04-2015, 06:36 PM