Is your pain

the same as mine?

let me touch you

bring you something

you can't find

let me see you

show you something,

grief divine.

The last thing Ashamin had expected from this mare was such an open outpouring of emotion. Then again, the buck was learning quickly that it was a waste of time to form expectations. Helovia was a land of magic and... emotion. Everyone here seemed to feel quite a bit, and have a lot to say.

It wasn't that it was unnerving, it was just not what he was used to. Not, when he had first entered that threshold of wood, what he had expected. It was beginning to rub off on him.

It was true he hadn't given this mare much, but he remembered how, with fervency, he had revealed his inner sorrow to Einarr, and taken comfort in that massive stallion's bold wings. He had taken comfort in that great beast's feathers capes, the first he had ever seen, and he wondered now if he'd ever find that night's shadow again.

But Zandora was who drew his attention now. He watched as she spoke in broken tones, seeming to come apart at the seams as her tale wore on, even in its brevity. Little child... was she talking to him, or herself? He noticed the nervousness with she seemed to speak, and was surprised to see it in her.

Ashamin stepped forward and up. The moment she could no longer speak, he found a strength in himself that was anything but what he expected. She had rejected him before, and perhaps she would reject him again, but he knew how he would feel if he were in her place, and he knew what he would want.

Carefully, gently, he extended his face once more with a murmur: "I'm sorry, Zandora."

I'm sorry for the depth of your pain.

And I feel it, too.

His tail swung low behind him, and the rock in his horn rattled as he moved closer to her. This that she felt was a pain like his, this that she was learning of was something he had known for so long, now. This was something he could comfort, and something he could maybe, understand.

[[@[Zandora]--sorry for the simple post and the bit of a wait, but I wanted to get this to you quick]]
Ashamin
on his own

rainydoll-stock | webtreatsetc | larfsalot
on deviantart

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Tongues Of Flame Will Be Your Bane - by Ashamin - 06-11-2015, 06:39 PM