[OPEN] home is where your heart is set in stone

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
An unpleasant revelation

"Yeah. My mother was murdered."

How could she say that with such...evenness? So factually, like she would mention the season was particularly hot or cold, or the food she was eating was good or mediocre? And who was her mother?

"You were with Ophelia. You yelled at Mauja."

Memories of that event came thrusting their way to the forefront of his consciousness with painful clarity. Not knowing where Ophelia was, finding her being touched by someone who'd harmed her, who she had a past with, who he knew wanted her. That rage was frightening. It wasn't tempered by grief, like the rage he'd felt when he lost his family; there was nothing to quench the conflagration that erupted inside.

Shaking his head slightly, he tried to move on, remember other things. Gaucho was there. This...this one was there. Briefly. He'd barely paid attention to her but she had been there. Wasn't...another one of Gaucho's herd there? He wasn't sure of her name. And the victim...it was Ophelia's aunt. Psyche.

This one's mother? Didn't that mean...?

"Snö...Mauja is my father."

Which meant she was Ophelia's cousin. By Mauja's loins. There would always be a mark of him in her family line, then. There was no escape. Torleik expected to be angry but he felt nothing, only hollow. He was tired. Tired of this battle, tired of wanting to feel free of someone he would now have to look at almost daily, live with - be around Ophelia with. "Torleik," he stated. "And yes, it seems Mauja managed to become king of the World's Edge once more. There was a competition and he and I proved the best options out of the choices. For whatever that is worth," murmured the warrior.

He took some time to inspect her again, wondering if her walled-off demeanor was a result of resentment towards her father and mother, or from a hard life of disappointment. In truth he rather liked speaking to her thus far. She didn't prance around the subject; this white and chestnut-splattered mare stated things as they were. "You said you lived here. Would you like to live here again?" Torleik's question was given cautiously, but with no ulterior motives. She had wandered home.

Did she want to call it that once more?

@[Snö]

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: home is where your heart is set in stone - by Torleik - 05-30-2015, 12:53 PM