the Rift

[PRIVATE] nightingale

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
She had managed to shock the mare before her. It was as if Resplendence had shoved her into a state of shock. It hadn't been intentional - the question came from a place of sincerity, of care (the same care that she brought about for almost everyone who crossed her path). She was given a name, Kota, and there was a gentle nod as Kota ended up with an awkward laugh. "No one likes facing their inner daemons either, but it can still happen, Kota." she explains, a gentle lilt to her words.

Aye, but the outburst had scared Resplendence at first. She had never been one to stand tall when things got scary - but, still, she would bulk up after the initial shock. And, that was exactly what she did. She bulked up and she moved back toward the mare who had raised her voice. Aye, it had been in desperation, hadn't it? A call out to be heard - as if she'd never been heard before. Then, as the mare also wrapped around Resplendence, she mimicked the movement - pressing in tighter, holding her closer. She tried to be something stable for the pregnant mare who was already struggling enough. There is a squeak to Resplendence's promise, a tired laugh about Archibald. "I'm sure he cares, I'm sure he'd take the time… Kaj would do it for me - if I broke past the stubbornness that tells me I shouldn't bother him." Resplendence insisted, eyes flickering back and forth along the horizon where Valiance should be coming from.

There was a thank you which came from the mare, barely picked up from the brindled one as she backed away to begin to assist with the herbs for her. Kota's polar bear was snarling at Valiance, though. So, with a snap of her bare teeth at Valiance she instantly had him back into a submissive position. "I apologize for Valiance. He still sees you as one of my nightmares; which you no longer are since joining the Edge and helping me in the caves. He thinks he has to protect me - but doesn't understand yet that not everything is a threat…" There was a sigh in her breath, a tiredness lingering in her orbs as she moved onto Ktulu and the possible stubbornness that would linger between the two. "Her not appearing is the stubbornness, probably a stubbornness in not wanting to ail you with her troubles. But, I do not know her and I cannot speak for her or you."

She moved on, telling the mare to rest a spell and giving her the herbs which would assist. She said she missed being a medic, saying she had a use then and explaining her use for poisons. Resplendence laughs a little - a shine in her eyes as she tilts her eyes to the side. "We'd be a great pair then, Kota." It is true, and she knows it. "I with healing and you with poisons, it is very complimentary. Even if you don't step into the Medic position beside me you can pick up the healing herbs and help me pick up poisons. I would love you at my right hand, if you so wish it." Resplendence offers, a bit of happiness seeping into her voice before the mare lifted her tired head and spoke about not knowing how to be a mother.

Carefully, Resplendence lowered her aching body to the ground - not enough sleep always took its toll upon her, and really she should also be treating herself. But, still stubborn when it came to others before herself she had yet to pay enough attention. She had moved to lay in front of her, offering her barrel as a pillow for the mare should she desire it. "No one knows how to be a mother," Resplendence starts - voice tight in her throat. "You can only let them down by not being there… And you won't be alone. I will help as much as I can, Archibald probably will as well… and others. Much of the herd takes on the foals as if they were their own when needed…" eyes staring off into the distance, memories of her twins seeping into the recesses of her mind. "They'll help you grow as much as you help them…" She's not sure how to go on much farther though. Her own twins hadn't made it to be that old, and she was one of the lucky few who got a second chance. Tears brimming in her eyes she managed to end with, "You let them make mistakes… but you protect them with your life…"

Res's face when talking about Kota and her being a pair --- I secretly am beginning to think she's like Sakura XD
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
nightingale - by Lakota - 05-17-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: nightingale - by Resplendence - 05-17-2015, 08:18 PM
RE: nightingale - by Lakota - 05-18-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: nightingale - by Resplendence - 05-19-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: nightingale - by Lakota - 05-20-2015, 12:28 AM
RE: nightingale - by Resplendence - 05-21-2015, 12:47 AM