the Rift

give me a second go

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Serenity
In her panic she sprung off of coiled haunches, wings snapping out and pushing her up hard. Her heart could have torn a hole in her chest with its erratic pounding had it not been properly confined. She didn't dare look back at what remained below; couldn't convince herself she was making a mistake; wouldn't find satisfaction in anything such a revelation could offer. Taken flight and caught up in her own mind, she had once again left something so precious behind because she was a delicate doll who couldn't handle the reality of the world. Where had her strength gone? Tossed to the wind without caution, no more was she the filly who had endured slavery and escaped with her resolve intact. She was worn and chipped and so she left all she knew laying beneath her wings.

Her home was the sky and she didn't care where she flew; first the land of Gods and then demons, all a weight upon her shoulders that didn't exist without the earth against her hooves. She wanted to settle her fluttering heart a final time, to find her place stop her running. It would not be one she sought that time, instead entrusting the wind to do her right: it knew better than she and no longer did she care to worry over such things.
But unexpected was the storm that formed overhead as her feathers ruffled and altitude was difficult to maintain. It was quick and played no games--gusts turned to thunder gave way to cracks of lightening shifted into a hurricane--and her screams of surprise and alarm were but whispers in that moment. Victim to the onslaught raging around her she could do nothing but close her eyes as she fell prey to a ravenous darkness.

Eyelids begrudgingly cracked to expose the sun's light and she squinted against the harsh rays. Various muscles tensed and relaxed as they tried to figure themselves out, whole or broken. Against her side she found herself as she awoke, thrown without mercy into the force of gravity after her wings could no longer keep her safely in the sky. The storm payed no mind to her well being in its fury; bruised she surely was, but otherwise intact as she picked her star-studded body off the underbrush and shook whatever leaves and twigs would fall from her hair. All around the bark of trees greeted her and the colors drew her in, breaths easy as the worst seemed to be over. Wings waved themselves out and (somewhat painfully) tucked against her sides; perhaps movement would loosen up the sinews laying deep within her blue and golden body so she waded further inward.

A sharp gaze was unfazed by all it saw, and it wasn't until an inkling of familiarity and unease brushed their kisses upon her hide that she began to truly wonder where she had landed.

filling the darkness with order and light
you know your place in the sky
CREDITS

open! <3

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
give me a second go - by Serenity - 05-18-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: give me a second go - by Torleik - 05-19-2015, 08:02 PM
RE: give me a second go - by Ampere - 05-20-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: give me a second go - by Serenity - 05-20-2015, 04:22 PM