the Rift

give me a second go

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
HEART SICK_AND EYES FILLED UP WITH BLUE

The girl's response was a crushing blow to the lifted spirit inside Ampere. She physically balked at the response, one forelimb raised near her chest while her head lifted with surprise, and even alarm. The reaction was not swift though - Serenity's dismissal of a healer was not uncommon, a guise of strength drawn across weakness which Ampere knew all too well. Even her final, confused statement was not in and of itself abrasive, but rather the lost tone it carried, the emptiness in her eyes where memories ought to have shone. That was what set Ampere on edge, like smoke detected before flame.

Surely she needs a healer, Ampere's thoughts urged, and her flesh rippled with the desire to run and fetch Sikeax as fast as she could. The Mother of Companions remained however, because no matter how swift, would it be swift enough to return to the same spot with Serenity whole? Ampere's eyes slid towards Torleik, and she puffed out air from her nose gently as she regarded him. She certainly couldn't just leave Serenity here alone, with him. Although, she had to admit, his response was almost, tender. It made her wonder what these two had shared before, and why.

Truly, Ampere judged the braided man harshly, though the same could be said of many horses that she had faced. His worst crime was the taking of a life, like so many others had done, and age had given her leniency to that if only from constant exposure. He was a far better horse than Oxy, who's transgressions outranked nearly everyone`s on Ampere`s list. Still, it was hard to shake free of the hurt and rejection she felt whenever she saw the griffin in his company, and for that, she could never lend him her complete trust.

No, Ampere thought with certainty, her eyes flicking from his dark hide to the mottled one of her old friend, she could not leave the stars with the ice.

"The Dragon's Throat," Ampere breathed, finding herself as she unwound from her initial discomposure. "That was, is your home, here in Helovia." Ampere blinked, unsure of what was happening or what could be done. If she couldn't leave Serenity to fetch Sikeax, could she at least convince her to travel to the healer, and there repair whatever had been broken inside her?

"You left, suddenly. None knew where you had gone, or why, or when. We were working together to solve the mystery of the grisly murders around the realm. I-" Ampere trailed off, riddled with guilt now that she shared it all aloud (her attempt at reminding the starry girl of things forgotten). It was like Kari all over again, and the irony of it burned Ampere as the very mare that suggested she find the child, was now lost and found herself. Ampere could have done more... should have, certainly. "I thought perhaps you were afraid, many were, and still are now that the criminal has been unveiled..." No shame in fear Ampere's words suggested, though if she meant them just for Serenity or not was unclear.

She fell quiet for a moment, glancing back at Torleik, as if he might have an answer for their shared link to the mare. Exhaling softly, Ampere turned back to her, stepping forward and extending her muzzle slowly. "I don't know what's happened Serenity, but you've had a life here, and still do. Maybe the healer can help you?"

[See my signature Jen ;D I'm fine with whatever!]

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com

@[Serenity]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
give me a second go - by Serenity - 05-18-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: give me a second go - by Torleik - 05-19-2015, 08:02 PM
RE: give me a second go - by Ampere - 05-20-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: give me a second go - by Serenity - 05-20-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: give me a second go - by Knox - 05-21-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: give me a second go - by Torleik - 05-30-2015, 12:23 PM
RE: give me a second go - by Ampere - 05-31-2015, 10:33 AM