[OPEN] Above the Clouds of Pompeii

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

SACRE
I wanna be somewhere away from this place
Yeah, somewhere just a little closer to grace

It wasn’t long until his mind was captured by something else other than his worries about his dispersed family. The distraction came from a mare, a small one at that, who sported bandages that caused concern to cross the colt’s face on impulse. However, on closer inspection he noticed the blood was dry and her face wasn’t one contorted like someone in pain. He thought her saw her wing, on the other hand, like it had been ravaged and torn. Yet, she had put it away too fast for him to confirm his glance. On the other hand, the porcelain and mint stretched prettily over her body, like spring in winter, and culminated in a pair of intriguing pink eyes. He wondered why she still carried bandages around her body; it was almost like she was being held together by them, but not quite. His eyes didn’t linger on her approach too long, however, as there was a dolphin. Yes, a dolphin in the desert. Sacre drew in a sharp gasp and watched it in astonishment as it literally flew into the water, splashing them with its buoyant impact. The water sprayed against his coat and with great joy Sacre laughed at both its playfulness and the fact there was a dolphin and it glowed!

The colt almost didn’t hear the apology presented to him in strange sounding words by the mare with blushing eyes. He dragged his attention away from the playful leviathan and shook his head with a boyish grin "don’t apologize! A bit of water never hurts, especially out here" he laughed in reply. Curious, his gaze lingered back and forth between the dolphin and the mare inquisitively, a fiery stag also hovered near her much like his own fox of flame. Was this the mischief of the Sun God? It had only appeared when he had stepped back into Throat. Though Sacre had laughed at the time, amused that it had taken the form of a fox, apparently he was put on this earth to be surrounded by those under the species vulpine.

As always, Sacre had a great many questions even within a couple of minutes of meeting these two. Yet, age-old wisdom had taught him that most preferred introductions first before firing into interrogation. "Nice to meet you, I’m Sacre and this is Inari" he nodded to the red fox "and Ríona" lastly nodding to the kitsune. "Who are you? I’m sorry, I’ve been away for a season and already they’re faces I don’t recognize" he didn’t really know why he was apologizing; it just seemed right to do so. "And your friend? I’ve never seen a dolphin out of the ocean…" his voice trailed off in wonder and he almost trembled in awe and an odd kind of excitement. The kind that makes your heart flutter when you see something new and magical for the first time.

Meanwhile, his two bonded foxes were dithering on the edge of the pool watching the glowing leviathan excitedly and enjoying the spray it spouted.

xD I was listening to the song and thought it fit a Lae thread ha
Image Credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Sacre - 05-18-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Laedere - 05-19-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Sacre - 05-19-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Laedere - 05-20-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Ivezho - 05-26-2015, 07:16 AM