[OPEN] Above the Clouds of Pompeii

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

SACRE
I wanna be somewhere away from this place
Yeah, somewhere just a little closer to grace

She seemed different than he. In contrast to his buyout youth that was plastered all over his expression, she looked more reserved and quiet. Like a tender fawn that had just stepped into a whole new world. Was she just shy? Sacre instinctively kept up his warm smile in attempts to make her feel more welcome or, at least, more like she could meet his gaze. He knew by now that there were some who lived in these lands with scars far deeper than any of his own and he also knew that enquiring too much about them was not always the best idea. Even though his inquisitive mind often wanted to prod and poke away until he peeled back the messy plot behind the healing skin. He couldn’t, he wouldn’t, he had only just met her and questions pertaining to pasts long gone were off the topic list… well, until he knew her well enough to bump shoulders with friendly ease. At least, these were the boundaries Sacre had set for his own curious mind. Still, the questions ran rampant in his mind; ”Why do you shy away from me? Were you hurt once? Does it still hurt? Can I help you?”

Laedere and Ardere, what a poetic pair.

He nodded once to her introductions, his bright young gaze still trying to find hers "the honour is mine Laedere" he lavished in bubbly tones playing on the words she had just offered him. His eyes linger, however, to the bandage that draped onto the floor and the old blood that clung on to the fabric like a mutinous memory. She spoke to him in an accented tongue he had never heard before and bore a mark around her eyes that was unfamiliar. He wondered how many stories were behind each of these intricacies she bore.

Realizing it was still in front of him, Sacre picked the red arrow up from the ground and turned to slot it into his mane instead. It would do for now, until he could catch the attention of his easily distracted foxes to tie it back into his tail and secure it once again. It hung loosely in his mane, the arrow that would glow ominously should harm come to his twin brother and Sacre wished everyday that the red weapon would remain dull, lifeless. "Amazing! A friend as a gift… You must have impressed the old man" he exclaimed. Sacre hadn’t seen the earthly Grandad many times, though Gods were always awe like in some strange devout way that made it hard for one to forget about them. What did she do for the Lord to trust her with such a unique friend like Ardere?

Before he could ask, there was another voice added to the mix and Sacre turned his attention to a colt not all that much younger than himself. He was an eye-catching roan with barring across his legs, a pair of wings sprouted from his sides and a long snip curved up from his nose. "Hey Ivezho, I’m Sacre" he responded with great friendliness, happy to be finally back and around family. Even if he didn’t recognize the faces, Sacre had been in the desert land long enough to know the family ethos and he lived every moment. He had enough worries; if he worried anymore his youth would wither and disappear without him even knowing. "Are you new around here as well?" He inquired gently, wondering if he too had recently joined along with Laedere.

Afterwards, the crafter smiled at the boy’s comment and spared a glance for his two vulpine comrades who were still playing with Ardere. Trying their best to dodge the water she spouted at them before dipping their paws in to attack back in playful gestures. "Troublesome too" he nodded and feigned a tired expression for a moment before laughing.

Lastly, he considered his two new friends, offering them both a quick glance with questions rising to his lips "has the Throat been peaceful? I’ve only just returned, though it still looks the same" he looked around fondly. Memories were slowly building up for him here, happy ones surrounded by good horses and fun friendships. Though he paused a moment, almost like an after thought and swung his gaze to the fire fox beside him. "These are new" he commented, looking at the flaming animal and wondering what mischief their Sun Lord had been up to.

Image Credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Sacre - 05-18-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Laedere - 05-19-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Sacre - 05-19-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Laedere - 05-20-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Ivezho - 05-26-2015, 07:16 AM
RE: Above the Clouds of Pompeii - by Sacre - 05-26-2015, 06:13 PM