the Rift

[PRIVATE] All or nothing?
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The northern mountains, home for so long, no longer held their steady sway. Her invitation had gone, and though she had established herself independently, the reason… the purpose… Well, it had all disappeared. Familiar faces drifted in and out of her vision, the mountains more of a prison than protection. After the herd’s involvement with the Falls, little had happened, and her attempts at change were slowly whisked away – whether by her own fault or the nature of the herd, she was not sure. Without Torleik there, she did not feel cohesive. An important element tying her to the rest of the herd was gone, and she was an interloper once more. How long before they realized that she was a wolf in sheep’s clothing? How long before Thranduil figured her out and reported to Deimos?

Ophelia had all the best desires for the Aurora Basin, and the snow and mountains was as close to home as she had ever come, but now she realized that she had grown. Her heart was no longer operating independently, linked only to the land and her own desires. Thoughts wandered to Torleik’s three little haunting words, and the apology for saying it at such an inopportune time. Maybe that was true, but lost among the irritation she felt for others and her own failings, she had time to discover what that meant – to her.

The journey north and her brief attempt to be Lady again had provided clarity as she searched her mind and memories. Torleik’s words mingled with those of the Sun God, telling her that it was worth the risk.

"The choice is yours. You might live with doubt resting always on your shoulders, where your decisions, because they are guided by the need to be sure, might always be free of criticism. Or ... you might let yourself fall. Open yourself to the accusations of others so that you might trust in them."

The Sun God spoke in her mind as if it were yesterday, and she stopped in her tracks, staring down the metal, sentinel guards. Ophelia took a deep, hesitating breath before casting her cloak of invisibility and turning sharply on her haunches. There was no turning back, no looking over her shoulder. The decision was simple, one that could shatter her in thousands of indefinable pieces, or maybe this was the one chance she had at being whole. He promised it would work from a distance, and she had her doubts. She did not want any factor beside themselves to be a reason that they failed.

“"Love does not ask for permission Ophelia." He continued. "Nor does it require perfection."

She was anything put perfect. The light that hung from her horn bobbed and shone brilliant as she picked up speed, cloven hooves carrying her with easy, ethereal grace across the snowy north. Only clouds of white in her wake gave hint of her passing, invisible as she was, but at some point, the power faded. When trees grew tall and the dirt grew soft, her pale, white coat with bloody crimson tresses shimmered into view – perhaps when her path was set and her choice made.

Ophelia did not hesitate as she ran into the wooded realm of the Moon, strange, two colored eyes seeking Torleik, breathless. Days may have passed. Time was meaningless now. She saw him standing there, and she could care less if anyone was close by – she did not even notice. Earnestly, she sought his blue, pure gaze, trying to catch her breath but knowing that she could not give any chance for doubt to block her words.

“Torleik,” she said softly. “I… I want… I want to live here with you…” she said, nervousness evident on her worried, delicate features. “You said… you said to be selfish, and, I am. I want to be with you.”

Ophelia paused, taking a deep breath. “Will… you have me here?”

Heartstrings Come Undone
You know I'm trying to believe that you're never gonna leave...
Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
All or nothing? - by Ophelia - 05-19-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: All or nothing? - by Torleik - 05-20-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: All or nothing? - by Ophelia - 05-20-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: All or nothing? - by Torleik - 05-31-2015, 04:28 PM