the Rift

[PRIVATE] All or nothing?

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

After being crowned king, Torleik had managed a brief exchange with the woman who held his heart. It had been short, unavoidably rushed - they both had duties to attend to and neither could linger. He'd reminded her that distance mattered not to him and that he would visit soon; that she should do the same, when her travels brought her near. His words were heartfelt, but...he had wished for more. More time. More time to speak to her, to show her his love. Perhaps...an evening to spend together for some manner of solidifying this bond not only through words, but through action as well.

That was not to be. The Bloodskald had spent his days exploring his herdland, discussing the changes and updates to be made with Mauja, learning his new co-ruler, discovering said co-ruler's daughter and the fact that Mauja would be forever linked by family to Ophelia given that Psyche was the mother...

He sighed, pawing at the ground with a solid hoof. That one...that one was new, and that one seemed to prick beneath his skin, dig in like a splinter stuck in a raw wound. Then again, the Time God would always be family, given his siring of Ophelia's daughter. The Black King dropped his head low, absently taking up a mouthful of grass. Where was he to leave his mark in all of this? Satisfaction should be his that he claimed Ophelia's heart but...he was only mortal, and he was insecure and jealous and possessive and fragile in so many ways he hated to admit.

Would she always love him? Would he always love her? Would she trust him? Could he trust her? Would the distance break them apart before they even started? Would they have any children? Would she love them? Bitter thoughts slipped to Brisa and her twins but he pushed them away, burying them deep. No. He would not let that...indiscretion mar his present any longer. For now, there was a brief respite in his duties. They would hold a series of herd meetings soon, but that moment was not now.

He could recruit but...he was weary. Not now. So he simply stood, and simply was and it was...good. Irelyn was off hunting and he was left with his thoughts and the sound of the waves crashing futilely against the cliffs far off - perfect serenity, were he closer to the edge of the sheer rock faces. He was King of the Moon's land - surely she was pleased; surely she at least felt a modicum of oblectation.

The sound of hooves and breathing caught his senses and he flicked an ear towards the source, curiously turning his head in time to see none other than Ophelia barreling towards him.

"Phi?"

Torleik blinked roughly, assuming his tired mind was playing tricks on him and that it was merely a similarly colored mare he was making to look like Phi because he desired her presence. But she spoke and the voice was his Ophelia's and...the Bloodskald realized this was actually happening.

She was here.

Why? Was something wrong? Deep, horrified concern flooded his system and slammed him awake completely and he turned towards her, ready to fight, to run, to come to her aid - but all she needed was him, and a place to stay. She wanted to live here, with him, to be with him. The God of Time himself had selected her as lead of the Basin and she was willing to throw that away to be with him, here, in the World's Edge?

Pride, pleasure and joy swelled almost painfully large in his chest and his tail flicked excitedly as he closed the distance between them, running his muzzle along her neck, smelling her, feeling the heat she gave off from the exertion to make it here, the slight taste of sweat on her skin.

"That isn't even a question you need ask of me - of course I will," black lips rumbled against her hot flesh, embracing her tightly. "I want nothing more than to go to sleep every night with you next to me and wake up with you still laying there, warm and content," he hummed into an ear, gently giving it a soft nip. She was here and he'd missed her and how could he ever let her go again? Perhaps his display of affection was unwarranted in such an open space but he wanted badly to be close to her and this was the best way he knew how.

"But what of the Basin?" asked the king, pulling back just enough to gaze into her beautiful features. A frown crossed his face. "What of Mauja, here? That I...do not...like," Torleik said honestly, trying to be diplomatic. It was not lack of trust regarding Ophelia but rather his insecurity, lack of trust directed towards his fellow leader, and a desire to never have to see the two of them interact. It made him feel as if his heart might explode and every atom in his body was vibrating at the same time. The Bloodskald grunted. "But I want you here. I am glad you are here. My heart is glad."

He touched his muzzle to hers, briefly, letting the joy of the moment outweigh his concerns. Ophelia was here. For him.

She loved him.

@[Ophelia]

OOC: Oh Torleik.

"talk talk talk"

Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
All or nothing? - by Ophelia - 05-19-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: All or nothing? - by Torleik - 05-20-2015, 12:22 AM