the Rift

[OPEN] if only the clockwork could speak

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu

His large, white ears flick towards him, they were taking it down? Dark blue gaze sweeps across the expanse of the broken glass. That would be quite a project. And, certainly, they would need to replace it with something. Perhaps wooden spikes? Or noisemakers for when someone crossed the borders? Maybe a wire system endowed with the darker magic of the Lady Moon? Or maybe—

He cut off his train of thought. These were decisions that were not meant for him- he did not want to be in the position of decisions (did he?). He just wanted to have an uncomplicated life in the lands (right?). But it was hard to make the transition, he was finding. Old habits die hard. So instead, he simply said, “I hope we plan to replace it with other protection, then.” And then he let the subject alone.

A short, low chuckle hummed deep in his throat at the white stallion’s tongue-in-cheek humor. He paused his giant sweeping strides as the speckled stud spoke of the gods so commonly, eyeing him as he scratched a shoulder on a tree. How different Helovia was- his old land had only two gods. A creator and a destroyer. If they graced the earth, great and unspeakable things happened. So they rarely did.

He sighs then, blowing a loud breath out from his thick lips, realizing that this place might be even more eventful than his old home. At least there were no conquests to be had or campaigns to lead— he hoped, anyway. In any case, he wouldn’t partake of them.

Then what did he want to do? What would occupy his days?
Did he want a family? Could he ever handle that in the face of his loss? Did he want to fight? Did he want to teach? Did he want to heal?

He glanced at Mauja, realizing that his personal existential crisis was leading him to be rather quiet. And possibly miss parts of the information he had imparted. He reviewed the names, ’Torleik, Kaj, Archibald. Edge, Falls. Deimos, Basin, soul-sucking. Childish gods. Got it.’

“Then I’ll avoid them as best as I can,” the corners of his thick black lips turned upwards. “It sounds like you’ve some interesting stories behind that advice. Perhaps we can swap some at a later time,” his offer was genuine, but casual. He wasn’t sure the icy stallion would be keen on bonding over shared stories- in fact he highly doubted it. But his offer still stood.

His lopsided smile grew larger, and he nodded his great head, large horn gesturing over the impressive stature of Mauja, “And yes, I meant it when I said you could refresh my skills. Whenever you’re not… recruiting? Or doing whatever else you do for the herd? I’d certainly appreciate it,” perhaps his words could be insulting, but he certainly did not mean his questions to be.

He glanced back over his shoulder once more, at the broken glass, then swung his eyes back around to his herd brother. He felt the urge to get to work, but he wasn’t sure that this was the time to press the matter. Snorting at his indecision- he was certainly thrown off balance in this new land, for he was rarely indecisive- he simply opted for a question, “Is there a job that needs doing, now? I’d welcome one-,” his crooked smile faded, “If not, then I suppose I’d best get acquainted with the lay of my new home.”

ooc| wow, he had a lot to say. I went to end this post a few times, but Temb didn’t want to stop >.< @[Mauja]

Image // Coding

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
if only the clockwork could speak - by Mauja - 05-20-2015, 03:22 AM
RE: if only the clockwork could speak - by Mauja - 06-01-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: if only the clockwork could speak - by Tembovu - 06-03-2015, 11:02 PM
RE: if only the clockwork could speak - by Mauja - 06-04-2015, 08:15 AM