the Rift

[OPEN] if only the clockwork could speak

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu

Deep blue eyes study the white stud at his quieted tone as he walked beside him, step for step, strides as well-matched as their heights and statures. ”Indeed we do,” was all he returned, and he let the subject drop in response to the solemnity that entered the white stud’s voice. He was a listening ear, a fellow to commiserate with, but he was not one to pry. Unless it was for another’s rank- which Mauja seemed pretty bent on not divulging.

He smiled wryly to himself, and let that sleeping dog lie as well. Between the broken glass, ranks, and past stories, there was a pack of sleeping dogs left in his wake. The thought brought an amused twinkle to his deep eyes, enhancing the streaks of light blue among the navy.

“I’m not sure I know another ‘now’ besides ’now-now’,” the humor that laced his tone caught up to the amusement in his eyes. He then fell silent and walked beside his white friend as he spoke. Possibly the most he had heard the speckled stallion speak, yet- and that realization made him satisfied- he wasn’t sure why.

Maybe he was starved for interaction. Genuine interaction. Certainly the past two years of traveling alone had been- well, lonely. But his life ever since his loss, ever since his adherence to revenge and justice, had been lonely. Surface friends were all he had ever had. Convenient acquaintances, useful friendships, informational mistresses— good gods but he was glad to leave that behind.

Regardless, he continued his long strides, ears trained on Mauja, listening to his words. But his eyes flickered around the forests, taking in the thick trees (though, thankfully, not as close together as the difficult trunks of the Threshold). Idly, he wondered how far they were away from the cliffs the snowy stud had spoken of.

“I guess I’ll leave the glass for another day, then. But-,” indeed something else Mauja had said piqued his interest, “a glass-smith? I might be a bull in a china shop, but that certainly sounds interesting-” He broke off for a moment, eyes crinkling in thought as the logical, warrior side of him argued with this fancy whim. “Though, it would be foolish to not use me as a sword…” he trailed off, unsure if he could be both. He didn’t see why not, but he was new to Helovia. “So point me in either direction, I suppose.” He finished lamely, grimacing at his indecision yet again. What was wrong with him?!

“Oh, I’d welcome a head-butt as a relief from the monotony of my travels,” he grinned lopsidedly once more, for the beginning of his travels had been eventful, but the last year had been painfully not so- which was why he was so incredibly out of shape, “But how far are we from the cliffs? I’d like to see them first, before you show me how soft I’ve become,” he chuckled, the deep sound rumbling from his black striped, half silver and half white barrel.

ooc| Do unicorns say ‘bull in a china shop’? I was trying to think of something else, but I wasn’t sure that a “stud in a trinket cave” had the same ring to it xD
OH and I can make a spar post (if I’m next on your list) next! Or if you’re done with you other spars.
edit// ohmyGLOB I posted this on the wrong board. -facepalm-
Image // Coding

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
if only the clockwork could speak - by Mauja - 05-20-2015, 03:22 AM
RE: if only the clockwork could speak - by Mauja - 06-01-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: if only the clockwork could speak - by Mauja - 06-04-2015, 08:15 AM
RE: if only the clockwork could speak - by Tembovu - 06-05-2015, 11:31 PM