the Rift

Glorious We Transcend

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The day had come in a flurry of color, only skewed by the graying clouds of coming rain, but it did not deter from again visiting the Threshold, seeking distraction. I had spent so much time here of late that it was becoming something of a second home, though not one that could ever rival the Edge in her perfect splendor. I didn’t care that the Goddess of the Moon had all but abandoned us. She would again rule the land by the sea; that was an unavoidable fact. Time would heal our wounds and we would again rise to the occasion- rise to power.

With the heavy clouds hovering in the distance, I pushed into the deep forest with Sabine nestled happily between my titled ears. I had certainly grown fond of the little Zephyr and her rambunctious personality, but I still longed to enhance our connection. It was an addictive idea that only grew with time, making me desire it all the more. Sensing my unease, the bird fluttered against my poll while cooing her praise. She too wished for the closeness and the Zephyr expressed her need through hazy colors that pulsed through my mind at breakneck speeds. Reds and yellows and oranges all portrayed her vigor and excitement for the future, while blues, grays, and blacks depicted blatant disapproval.

As we ambled slowly between the tall trees, shadows passing over my back like ethereal waves, I gazed out into the vast distance. Some days were better than others here and some were simply unsuccessful, but there was something encouraging about the half-light that passed between the limbs overhead. It felt as though the weak rays represented a hope for the future despite the darkness of the past; I wanted to believe all would soon be righted from such wrong.

When a musky, obviously male, scent greeted me upon the trail, I followed like the curious beast I’d so recently become. However, my approach was anything but subtle. I was more like a bear crashing through the underbrush than a refined animal once believing in stealth. Yet, what did it matter that I came as such a shock to newcomers? Did they not believe they would be discovered in a land so tainted by stale comings and goings? It would be unwise for a creature to strike out against a native anyhow, being so unaware of our capabilities… Besides, I came offering refuge, not war.

Upon catching sight of the shadow-man lathered in the pale light of late morning, I rumbled a low and steady welcoming. From the looks of him, he did not appear the kind of brute to be taken lightly; I needed to use caution if I wanted to avoid facing off with the three jagged horns that were thrust down the sharp planes of his mottled face. He was certainly a curious looking fellow with his dual colored eyes and cropped mane, but he appeared the epitome of a practiced warrior. He intrigued me. “Welcome to Helovia stranger, I am Thor of the World’s Edge,” I began. “Might you be looking for refuge or ere you simply passing through?
THOR
image credits

Narcissus -- tagged, but had to edit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Glorious We Transcend - by Narcissus - 05-20-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Ophelia - 05-23-2015, 06:27 PM